Welcome to Spring Semester 2022
(image source: https://www.askideas.com)
Service adjustment reminders: Library, ODS, Transfer Center, Food Pantry
Some campus services have made adjustments for the start of Spring Semester:
Clifton Campus Library (Jan. 18-29)
Open for in-person services Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- In-person services limited to pick-up, checkout, and general assistance that can be provided from a safe distance.
- Students may use the Library space for general computing and printing needs, but drop-in help is not available.
- One-on-one research help is available via chat, phone, email, or by Zoom appointment.
Library virtual services are available Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., and on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
For more information, visit the Library web page: https://www.cincinnatistate.edu/library
Office of Disability Services (ODS) - changes in effect until further notice
Office temporarily relocated to the ATLC Building (Rooms 412/413) while construction work in the Main Building continues.
Services available Monday and Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For information or to schedule an in-person appointment, call (513) 569-1775 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Messages to ODS from students and faculty are answered within 24 hours (excluding weekends and holidays).
In-Person Testing is available by appointment, and should be scheduled at least 5 days in advance
- Faculty members are asked to provide flexibility in testing dates, where appropriate, to help ensure students can receive accommodated testing despite the limitations on testing room capacity.
- ODS registered students may schedule testing appointments by phone or email during the office hours listed above.
- In-person testing appointments must be scheduled a minimum of 5 days in advance.
Faculty members should provide testing instructions and materials to Disability Services through the ODS Test Proctoring eForm.
- The eForm allows faculty to provide all essential information and materials for exam proctoring while adhering to pandemic protocols, and improves the efficiency of the exam proctoring process.
- The eForm is available to all faculty members at https://web3.cincinnatistate.edu/eforms/eform.aspx?form_id=2009
- Faculty members with questions about In-person Test Proctoring or who need assistance with the eForm should contact email@example.com or call (513) 569-1775.
Transfer Center (Jan. 18-28)
All services, including meetings with representatives of 4-year schools, are virtual.
- Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
If you have questions, contact Transfer Center Director Dr. Myshamil Walker at (513) 569-1884 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Surge Cupboard Food Pantry - open by appointment only (Jan. 18-28)
- Students who would like to set up an appointment should send a message to either Angela Haensel (email@example.com) or Denise Gabrelski (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Students should have their MyCState username and password available, since login will be required.
- Currently-registered Cincinnati State students may visit the Surge Cupboard once a month to receive up to a 3-day supply of food and toiletries at no cost, by showing their Surge Card (student ID card).
Students can request Loaner Laptops & Wi-Fi Hotspots for Spring Semester
Cincinnati State's "Loaner Laptop" Program is continuing in Spring Semester 2022.
Registered students have the option to borrow a laptop computer and/or a Wi-Fi hotspot from the College at no cost.
To request loaner equipment (or to renew loaner equipment that was borrowed for Fall Semester) students must:
- Log into MyCState
- Complete the "Student Technology Loaner Program" eForm (https://web3.cincinnatistate.edu/eforms/eform.aspx?form_id=2055)
- Students must be registered for Spring Semester classes (15-week or 10-week) before submitting the form
- After the student's request is confirmed (by email), equipment can be picked up in ATLC 315 on Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Online Learning Support for Jan. 18-21 includes Blackboard Office Hours
Support services provided by the Office of Online Learning during the week of Jan. 18 include:
- "office hours" for new or experienced users of Blackboard
- support for new or experienced users of Zoom
For more information about all resources available from the Office of Online Learning, visit the "Support/Training" section of the COVID-19 Faculty Resources site in Blackboard.
- Look for this site near the bottom of your list of Blackboard courses
Blackboard Office Hours (via Zoom) are facilitated by Dr. Jon McKamey, Instructional Designer
- Tuesday, Jan. 18 - 1-2 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 19 - 9-10 a.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 20 - 11 a.m.-noon
- Friday, Jan. 21 - 11 a.m.-noon
Drop-in as needed to get help with specific Blackboard tools, troubleshooting, or any remote learning-related topic. Come prepared with your specific needs and you'll get help seeking solutions.
- Meeting ID: 810 6058 5299 | Passcode: 672017
Remote Assistance from the Instructional Designer | Self-paced "Teaching Online" course
Dr. McKamey is available to provide remote assistance via Zoom to help individuals with online course and Blackboard issues.
Contact Jon by email (email@example.com) for an appointment and Zoom room details.
Faculty members are encouraged to sign up for the self-paced, 6-module online course Teaching Online for Cincinnati State, facilitated by Dr. McKamey.
Faculty can enroll in the course at any time. See the weekly PDF training schedule for more information.
Zoom Support for Faculty & Staff (via Zoom) is facilitated by Paul D. DeNu, Technical Communication Specialist
To schedule an appointment for help with Zoom troubleshooting or training, send email to Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org, and then you can join Paul on Zoom at the scheduled time.
- Meeting ID: 814 3861 4572 | Passcode: 5m201r
Paul is also available by appointment to provide individual training and help with concerns related to Zoom, as well as help with other learning technology (Collaborate, audio/video work, Screencast-O-Matic, closed captioning, accessibility, and Blackboard assistance).
- Sick leave cash-in deadline is June 1
- Three students receive Co-op Scholarship awards for 2022
- Webinar examines the future of advising
- Greenhouse Sale goes BOGO for final day
- TRIO students celebrated graduation and scholarship award
- Summer students can request loaner laptops
- Board of Trustees meeting on May 24
- Online Learning Support for May 23-27
- Tutoring Center & Math Center announce Summer service hours
- New U.S. citizens were welcomed at Naturalization Ceremony