Student Loaner Laptops available for Spring Semester
Cincinnati State's "Loaner Laptop" Program will continue in Spring Semester 2022.
Registered students have the option to borrow a laptop computer and/or a Wi-Fi hotspot from the College at no cost.
To request loaner equipment (or to renew loaner equipment that was borrowed for Fall Semester) students must:
- Log into MyCState
- Complete the "Student Technology Loaner Program" eForm (https://web3.cincinnatistate.edu/eforms/eform.aspx?form_id=2055)
- Students must be registered for Spring Semester classes (15-week or 10-week) before submitting the form
As of last week, about 165 students had requested loaner computers for Spring. Over 90 computers and over 100 hotspots were still available for immediate distribution.
About 100 additional computers can be added to the loaner program if there are additional requests, but these computers need to be prepared by Information Technology Services for use by students.
Students also have options to purchase computers using some of their financial aid funds.
- Students using financial aid to purchase a computer immediately must buy a “CState Recommended” computer from the College Bookstore.
- Purchases can be made online, with arrangements for delivery to the student's address or pick-up at the Bookstore.
- Computers purchased using financial aid cannot be returned to the Bookstore for a refund unless the package is unopened.
- Students who wait to use their refund of "excess" financial aid can purchase a computer from any store/vendor.
- Students should talk to a Financial Aid advisor for more information.
Make your Giving Challenge pledge by Jan. 14
The Annual Fund Giving Challenge for 2021-22 ends Friday, Jan. 14.
If you haven't yet donated, your pledge-- big or small-- will be appreciated.
- This internal fundraising campaign supports Cincinnati State students and College initiatives through contributions to the Cincinnati State Foundation.
- And, you have two more chances to win the gift card drawings that will take place today and on Friday.
- Winners of Monday's drawing (a $10 Skyline gift card) are Reena Goel, Angela Haensel, and Linda Romero-Smith.
To turn in your pledge:
- If you choose to donate via payroll deduction, email the form to Kim Taylor (email@example.com)
- Payroll deductions will begin Jan. 21, 2022, and will continue for 12 pay periods, ending June 24, 2022
- If you are writing a check, please send your pledge form and check to Kim Taylor, Alumni and Development Affairs Manager, Cincinnati State, 3520 Central Parkway, ATLC 337, Cincinnati, OH 45223
- Or drop off your pledge form in the Office of Advancement, ATLC 352
For questions or more information about the Annual Fund Giving Challenge, contact Kim Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-378-6314).
Help test CState Zoom on Jan. 14
The Information Technology Services department invites all employees to help with making improvements to the College's Zoom experience.
A short test of the Zoom experience will take place Friday, Jan. 14, starting at 10 a.m. This test is expected to take about 20 minutes.
The more employees involved in the test, the better-- so please join if you can.
- Join the test using this link: https://cincinnatistate-edu.zoom.us/j/88112581900?pwd=MUZ6cmF6azd1RUVUQ0IrSjQxWGRwZz09 (Passcode: 001031)
- Provide feedback after the test using this eForm link.
- You must be logged in to MyCState to access the eForm
- You don't need to submit the eForm if your experience was acceptable.
Disability Services Office moves to ATLC
The Cincinnati State Office of Disability Services (ODS) is temporarily relocating to the ATLC Building (Rooms 412/413) for Spring Semester while construction work in the Main Building continues.
For information or to schedule an in-person appointment, call (513) 569-1775 or email email@example.com.
Messages to ODS from students and faculty are answered within 24 hours (excluding weekends and holidays).
- Disability Services are available this week from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily.
- Starting Jan. 18, Disability Services will be available Monday and Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
In-Person Testing in ODS will continue to be available by appointment.
- Faculty members are asked to provide flexibility in testing dates, where appropriate, to help ensure students can receive accommodated testing despite the limitations on testing room capacity in the ATLC office space.
- ODS registered students may schedule testing appointments by phone or email during the office hours listed above.
- In-person testing appointments must be scheduled a minimum of 5 days in advance.
Faculty members should provide testing instructions and materials to Disability Services through the ODS Test Proctoring eForm.
- The eForm allows faculty to provide all essential information and materials for exam proctoring while adhering to pandemic protocols, and improves the efficiency of the exam proctoring process.
- The eForm is available to all faculty members at https://web3.cincinnatistate.edu/eforms/eform.aspx?form_id=2009
- Faculty members with questions about In-person Test Proctoring or who need assistance with the eForm should contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (513) 569-1775.
Transfer Center calendar for January starts with remote services
The Cincinnati State Transfer Center has released the January 2022 calendar for visits with representatives of four-year colleges and universities. (Scroll down to see the link to the calendar.)
- For the first two weeks of the semester, all services will be virtual. The calendar includes links to get in touch with representatives of partner schools.
- On-campus visits with college/university reps are scheduled to resume on Monday, Jan. 31.
Transfer Center virtual service hours for Jan. 18-28 are:
- Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
If you have questions, contact Transfer Center Director Dr. Myshamil Walker at (513) 569-1884 or email@example.com.
To view the Transfer Center schedule for January, click the link below.
GC3 workshops on Equitable & Inclusive Higher Ed begin Jan. 26
The Greater Cincinnati Collegiate Connection (GC3) is offering a 5-part interactive workshop series on "Equitable and Inclusive Higher Education: Strategies for Practice," from January through April 2022.
Participants will learn about how to become "more equitable and inclusive professionals in higher education settings."
All sessions will be held via Zoom on Wednesdays from 3 to 4:30 p.m. on these dates:
- Session #1: Self Awareness - Jan. 26
- Session #2: Inclusive Pedagogy - Feb. 2
- Session #3: Inclusive Curriculum - Feb. 23
- Session #4: Inclusive Assessment - Mar. 30
- Session #5: Resilience for DEI Work - Apr. 13
Attendees earn 1.5 CEU's per session.
The cost is $25/session or $100 for the series.
- The registration deadline for the series (all 5 sessions) is 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 21.
- The registration deadline for each individual session is 5 p.m. on the Friday prior to the date the session is offered.
Webinar series examines the changing professor/student dynamic
Many organizations continue to offer programs that may be of interest to Cincinnati State faculty and other members of the College community.
The Chronicle of Higher Education is offering a free monthly webinar series, "Talking About Teaching," starting Friday, Jan. 28, from 2 to 3 p.m.
The first session examines "The Changing Professor-Student Dynamic" with topics including:
- How to design a course that treats students as whole people, without lowering standards.
- How to bring your “new self” to the classroom after your experience of the past two years.
- Finding community with other instructors grappling with these challenges.
Registered participants who can't attend at the scheduled time will receive a recording of the session.
- Sick leave cash-in deadline is June 1
- Three students receive Co-op Scholarship awards for 2022
- Webinar examines the future of advising
- Greenhouse Sale goes BOGO for final day
- TRIO students celebrated graduation and scholarship award
- Summer students can request loaner laptops
- Board of Trustees meeting on May 24
- Online Learning Support for May 23-27
- Tutoring Center & Math Center announce Summer service hours
- New U.S. citizens were welcomed at Naturalization Ceremony