New Year's Luncheon details announced for Jan. 13
Cincinnati State's Virtual New Year's Luncheon Celebration for College employees and retirees will take place Thursday, Jan. 13, 2022, from noon to 1:15 p.m.
The Luncheon is sponsored by the Cincinnati State Foundation. Boxed lunches from Funky's Catering will be provided.
To receive the Zoom link for the celebration and reserve your lunch, please RSVP by 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 7, to Kim Taylor (email@example.com or cell 513-378-6324).
Options to pick up your ready-to-heat meal (including vegan meals):
- Pick up in ATLC 028 (across from the Game Room) between 10:30 and 11:30 a.m. on Jan. 13.
- Pick up in Parking Lot C (enter from Ludlow Ave.) on Wednesday, Jan. 12, from 3 to 5 p.m. or Thursday, Jan. 13, from 9 to 11 a.m.
Annual Fund Giving Challenge extended to Jan. 14
The Annual Fund Giving Challenge for 2021-22 is being extended until Jan. 14, 2022.
- This internal fundraising campaign supports Cincinnati State students and College initiatives through contributions to the Cincinnati State Foundation.
- All donations are appreciated, whether big or small.
The Cincinnati State Foundation and the Office of Advancement thank those who have made Annual Fund pledges already.
Annual Fund contributors who won gift card drawings this month are:
- Jesse Brown - Enrollment & Student Development
- Michael House - Humanities & Sciences
- Julie McLaughlin - Humanities & Sciences
- Joyce Smith - Business Technologies
Additional gift card drawings will be announced.
The Annual Fund pledge form has been updated to include four new or recently-announced scholarships (click to download the form):
- Cincinnati State Clinical/Practicum Student of the Year Scholarship, a partner to the existing Co-op/Internship Student of the Year Scholarship. Student winners of these two scholarships will be recognized at the Annual Co-op Employer event.
- Completion Scholarships that will provide help for students who are close to completing their degree but need funding to finish.
- Gary S. Goodpaster Certification Endowment that will support students in Aviation Maintenance Technology programs.
- Tom Stark Memorial Endowed Scholarship, established in honor of long-time College faculty member and academic administrator Tom Stark.
Many other options for designating use of your gift are listed on the pledge form, including scholarships, funds that support aspects of teaching and learning, and special initiatives such as CState Accelerate, the Career Closet, the Surge Pantry Food Cupboard, or other projects and services.
To turn in your pledge:
- If you choose to donate via payroll deduction, email the form to Kim Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Payroll deductions will begin Jan. 21, 2022, and will continue for 12 pay periods, ending June 24, 2022
- If you are writing a check, please send your pledge form and check to Kim Taylor, Alumni and Development Affairs Manager, Cincinnati State, 3520 Central Parkway, ATLC 337, Cincinnati, OH 45223
- Or drop off your pledge form in the Office of Advancement, ATLC 352
For questions or more information about the Annual Fund Giving Challenge, contact Kim Taylor (email@example.com or 513-378-6314).
Surge Cupboard needs volunteers for Winter Break hours
The Surge Cupboard needs volunteers to help keep our Food Pantry available to students who are dealing with food insecurities during the College's Winter Break.
Giving an hour of your time to support students when classes are not in session will be greatly appreciated!
Volunteers are needed between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. on these days:
- Dec. 21-23
- Jan. 4-6
- Jan. 11-13
- Biggest needs are on Dec. 23, Jan. 5, and Jan. 12, but please help whenever you can.
To sign up to help, visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0a44a5ae2ea3ff2-surge1
Greeters needed to welcome Spring students
Faculty and staff volunteers are needed to serve as "greeters" when Spring Semester begins in January.
Volunteers will welcome new and returning students to Clifton Campus on Tuesday, Jan. 18, through Thursday, Jan. 20, as well as on Jan. 22 and 23.
- Volunteer greeters will be on duty at 10 campus locations, between 8 and 11 a.m. each day.
- To sign up to assist, visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090E48A4A72BABFA7-welcome
Food services hours announced for Winter Break
Bakery Hill will be closed throughout the Winter Break (Dec. 20-23 and Jan. 3-14) and will reopen on Tuesday, Jan. 18, 2022.
Kate’s Catering at the Overlook will offer Winter Break choices for Hot Grab n' Go Items, Soup, and Cold Grab n' Go Items on days the College is open.
Menu information will be published in Daily News when it is available.
Overlook Winter Break hours:
- Monday-Thursday - 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Friday - 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
On Dec. 21 and 22, employees can enjoy free coffee at the Overlook during all open hours.
On Dec. 22, free Grab n' Go lunch will be available for employees from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. (while supplies last).
Overlook Spring Semester hours (starting Jan. 18):
- Monday-Thursday - 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Friday - 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Office hour adjustments during Winter Break? Let DN know
Daily News would like to hear from College offices/services that will be making changes to hours of operation during Winter Break.
If your office/service has changes for Dec. 20-23, Jan. 3-7, or Jan. 10-14, please send updates to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can share accurate information with the College community.
Turn in your timesheets on time in December
A Surge Time report is due this week-- and then the next one needs to be submitted and approved by Jan. 3, 2022, to be processed for the Jan. 7, 2022, pay date.
So if you don't already have a system in place to remind you to complete your Surge Time during the last week of this year, please take appropriate steps now, and avoid potential problems.
Campus access limited during Winter Break
All Cincinnati State Campuses will be closed from end-of-day Thursday, Dec. 23, 2021, until Monday, Jan. 3, 2022.
- Faculty or staff members who need access to Clifton Campus during the closed Winter Break days for reasons related to job responsibilities must call Campus Police at (513) 569-1558 and request an officer to meet you at the Main Building Dock entrance.
The police officer on duty needs to know who is in the building and their location in case of an emergency.
- Harrison, Middletown, and Evendale (WDC) Campuses will be closed for the entire break with no access available.
- College offices will reopen on Monday, Jan. 3, 2022.
- Spring Semester classes will begin Tuesday, Jan. 18, 2022.
- Sick leave cash-in deadline is June 1
- Three students receive Co-op Scholarship awards for 2022
- Webinar examines the future of advising
- Greenhouse Sale goes BOGO for final day
- TRIO students celebrated graduation and scholarship award
- Summer students can request loaner laptops
- Board of Trustees meeting on May 24
- Online Learning Support for May 23-27
- Tutoring Center & Math Center announce Summer service hours
- New U.S. citizens were welcomed at Naturalization Ceremony