Parking Lot D to be closed from Oct. 27 to Nov. 17
Parking Lot D on Clifton Campus will be completely closed to employee and student vehicles from Wednesday, Oct. 27, to Wednesday, Nov. 17.
The 3-week closure is required to facilitate installation of the new fire loop as well as some tree removal.
Parking Lot A will remain open, and the Ludlow Garage is available for those seeking a parking alternative that is (somewhat) close to the Main Building.
Peer Mentoring & Tenure is topic for Oct. 25 Common Time
The Peer Mentoring Advisory Committee (PMAC) is hosting a panel discussion on "Peer Mentoring and the Tenure Process" on Monday, Oct. 25, from 3 to 4:30 p.m. (Common Time).
Tenure-track faculty members and their mentors are encouraged to join the session to gain information and ask questions; however, the event is open to all interested College employees.
Panel members include:
- Provost Robbin Hoopes
- Leesha Thrower, Tenure Committee Chair
- Jessica Loomis, recently-tenured faculty member and PMAC Tenure Class Facilitator
- Pam Ecker, Cincinnati State AAUP President
- Greg Klein, Cincinnati State AAUP Contract Compliance Officer
Join the Zoom meeting: https://cincinnatistate-edu.zoom.us/j/87460456068?pwd=cm8yaU50WTd2UkRESlB6Yk5EUThYZz09
- Passcode: 833800
- Dial-in: 1-301-715-8592
Board of Trustees meeting on Oct. 26 at Harrison Campus
The Cincinnati State Board of Trustees will meet on Tuesday, October 26, 2021, starting at 3:45 p.m., at the Harrison Campus (Cincinnati West), 10030 West Road, Harrison, Ohio, 45030.
The Board meeting is open to the public.
The Board meeting also will be available to the public on Zoom at this link: https://cincinnatistate-edu.zoom.us/j/82612201771?pwd=cGV0eFlHQU85TG5aWjVxUHc1cW1NQT09
- Meeting ID: 826 1220 1771
- Passcode: 709061
- Call-in: 1-646-876-9923
The meeting agenda is:
- Call to Order
- Sunshine Law Compliance Announcement
- Roll Call
- Approval of the Proceedings of the Special Board Meeting of September 9, 2021, and the Regular Board Meeting of September 28, 2021
- Consideration of Items for Possible Addition to the Agenda
- Recognition of Accomplishments Reflective of the College Mission
- Consent Agenda
- Personnel Reports
- Facilities Reports
- Public Safety Monthly Incident Reports
- Institutional Advancement Report
- Financial Report
- Tuition Resolution
- Capital Projects Resolution
- Approval of Vendor Contracts
- Academic Quality & Student Learning Updates
Status of the College Community
- Student Engagement & Education / Student Activities Report
- Shared Governance / Faculty Senate Report
- President's Report
- Trustee Chairperson’s Report; Convening of Nominating Committee
- Old Business
- New Business
- Adjourn to Executive Session / Return from Executive Session
The next meeting of the Board of Trustees is scheduled for Dec. 7, 2021, at 3:45 p.m., at the Evendale Campus (Workforce Development Center), 10100 Reading Rd., Cincinnati, Ohio, 45241.
Ohio Space Grant scholarship applications due Oct. 31
Cincinnati State students in STEM fields (Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics) are eligible to apply for an Ohio Space Grant Community College Scholarship.
Faculty and staff members are asked to encourage eligible students to apply by the deadline, Oct. 31, 2021.
Two scholarships of $1,000 are available for use in Spring Semester 2022.
The scholarships are funded by the U.S. Congress to the National Space Grant College and Fellowship Program and administered through the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
A student who receives an Ohio Space Grant scholarship is required to complete a research project in alignment with one of the following NASA Mission Directorates:
- Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate (ARMD)
- Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate (HEOMD)
- Science Mission Directorate (SMD)
- Space Technology Mission Directorate (STMD)
Scholarship recipients will present a poster session describing their research at a symposium to be held in Cleveland, OH, in April 2022.
If you or your students have questions, contact Professor Abbey Yee (email@example.com).
Joint Community Campaign prize winners announced (& you can still pledge)
Winners of the Joint Community Campaign prize drawing are:
- Montgomery Inn Gift Card - Linda Romero-Smith
- Lunch at the Summit Restaurant with President Monica Posey - Kelly Edmondson, Karen Magness-Lewe, and Janet Schlaak
If you forgot to turn in your pledge or gift, it's not too late.
- For payroll deduction, return your completed pledge form by email to Kim Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you are writing a check, send your form and check to Kim Taylor, Alumni and Development Affairs Manager, Cincinnati State, 3520 Central Parkway, ATLC 337, Cincinnati, OH 45223.
- If you are on Clifton Campus you may drop off your form in ATLC Room 352.
New Overlook lunch specials for Oct. 22
The Overlook hot lunch specials for today, Oct. 22, have been updated. Your lunch options are:
- Cheeseburger + Fries ($5)
- Chicken Tender + Fries ($4.75)
- Hot Dog ($2)
- Fries ($2)
Overlook hot lunch specials - Oct. 25-29
The hot lunch specials from Kate's Catering at the Overlook for Oct. 25-29 are:
- Hot Sandwich Monday, Oct. 25 - Roast Beef & Cheese + Curly Fries / Mac n' Cheese ($7)
- Mexican Tuesday, Oct. 26 - Chicken Quesadilla + Black Bean Grilled Pineapple Cucumber Salad ($7)
- Pasta Wednesday, Oct. 27 - Creamy Mushroom Pasta + Garlic Bread ($7)
- Thursday, Oct. 28 - Chicken Wings + Roasted Vegetables & Potatoes ($7)
- Hamburger Friday, Oct. 29 - Blue Cheese Burger + Tater Tots / Mac n' Cheese ($7)
- ESL Conversation Group offered in Spring Semester
- Tutoring Center & Math Center announce hours for Spring Semester
- Online Learning Support for Jan. 24-28
- Board of Trustees meeting on Jan. 25
- Career Closet receives donation from local clothing store Pursuit
- No Provost's Update on Jan. 25
- Full-time & adjunct faculty needed for project to improve teaching in "gateway" courses
- "Zoom center" available to on-campus students
- Reminders: Protocols for sharing COVID info; at-home COVID tests available from government website
- Overlook hot lunch specials - Jan. 24-28
- Tue. 2/1 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 2/8 - Provost's Academic Update
- Wed. 2/9 - Work-Study Employment Workshop
- Wed. 2/9 - Work-Study Employment Workshop
- Tue. 2/15 - Provost's Academic Update
- Wed. 2/16 - Work-Study Employment Job Fair
- Tue. 2/22 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 3/1 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 3/8 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 3/15 - Provost's Academic Update