Chris Calvert and Barbara Turner honored in 2021 "C-Suite Awards" from Cinti Business Courier
Cincinnati State's Chief Financial Officer Chris Calvert and College Board of Trustees member Barbara Turner were selected as recipients of 2021 "C-Suite Awards" sponsored by the Cincinnati Business Courier.
- CFO Calvert was recognized in the category "Chief Financial Officer - Large non-profit organization"
- Mrs. Turner, the President and CEO of Ohio National Financial Services, was selected in the category "Chief Executive Officer - Large mutually owned company"
The C-Suite Awards "honor top-level executives who’ve shown outstanding leadership and led stellar performance at Greater Cincinnati businesses and nonprofits."
A group of 52 finalists in nine categories was chosen by a panel of outside judges.
Interviews with CFO Calvert and Trustee Turner were published in the Cincinnati Business Courier in early September. (Note: to read the full articles, a subscription or registration on the Business Courier website may be required.)
In their interviews, each award recipient was asked to share a "little known fact" about themselves.
Mrs. Turner said: "I believe cooking for others is an expression of love. It brings me great joy to cook meals for my family and friends. I am also a huge sports fan. Who Dey! I believe sports and music bring people of different ethnicities and backgrounds together in a beautiful way."
Chris Calvert said: "I love to consume data. Sales data, financial data, etc., the challenge to consume and transform it into actionable business intelligence is actually a form of adrenaline rush to me!"
(Photos from Cincinnati Business Courier)
CState Technology Master Plan is available
The Cincinnati State Technology Master Plan 2021-2023 is now available to interested members of the College community.
The 45-page Master Plan has been reviewed by the Academic Technology Committee and presented to the College's Executive Team.
To read the Master Plan, go to https://web4.cincinnatistate.edu/files/its/MasterPlans/2021/IT%20Master%20Plan%202021%20-%202023.pdf
The Plan also is posted on the College intranet under College Plans and included in the Technology Resources Portal under Training and Documentation.
Last chance to join Great Parks seed-sorting project
If you want to join other CState volunteers at Shaker Trace Nursery in Harrison, from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday, Sep. 25, please register by 5 p.m. today, Sep. 22.
The volunteers will help the Great Parks of Hamilton County staff members in harvesting seeds from various plants and getting ready for the next planting season.
The family-friendly and COVID-safe outdoor activity is open to all Cincinnati State students, faculty, and staff members (and families/friends of CState students and employees).
- The Nursery, located at 8749 New Haven Road, Harrison, OH 45030, is part of Miami Whitewater Forest.
- The Shaker Trace Nursery was established in 1992 to harvest and store native prairie and wetland seeds for habitat restoration projects. Now, nursery staff and volunteers work with more than 200 species of native plants.
Participants will enjoy a unique connection with nature while you meet new people and represent Cincinnati State in the community (wear CState gear on the event day!).
- Click here to register for the Shaker Trace Nursery event
- All participants must complete a waiver form, available online at https://www.jotform.com/greatparks/2021-great-parks-waiver
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult
Questions? Contact Milene Donlin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
(Photo from Great Parks of Hamilton County)
- ESL Conversation Group offered in Spring Semester
- Tutoring Center & Math Center announce hours for Spring Semester
- Online Learning Support for Jan. 24-28
- Board of Trustees meeting on Jan. 25
- Career Closet receives donation from local clothing store Pursuit
- No Provost's Update on Jan. 25
- Full-time & adjunct faculty needed for project to improve teaching in "gateway" courses
- "Zoom center" available to on-campus students
- Reminders: Protocols for sharing COVID info; at-home COVID tests available from government website
- Overlook hot lunch specials - Jan. 24-28
- Tue. 2/1 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 2/8 - Provost's Academic Update
- Wed. 2/9 - Work-Study Employment Workshop
- Wed. 2/9 - Work-Study Employment Workshop
- Tue. 2/15 - Provost's Academic Update
- Wed. 2/16 - Work-Study Employment Job Fair
- Tue. 2/22 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 3/1 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 3/8 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 3/15 - Provost's Academic Update