Guidelines announced for scheduling campus events
During Fall Semester 2021, on-campus activities, events, and meetings are limited to those that support the mission of the College, and these activities must adhere to current COVID precautions such as masking and observing social distancing.
If you would like to host an event on Clifton Campus during Fall Semester:
- Seek approval, at least 2 weeks in advance, by completing and submitting the appropriate Room Reservation eForm.
- Room Request, Main Building Conference Center
- Room Request, Clifton Campus (EXCEPT Conference Center)
- Room Request, Course-Related (Use the Division-specific eForm – this sample link goes to the BTD form)
- Event requests will be reviewed by a member of the College Executive Team.
- You may receive more than one automated message that contains the word “Approved,” so wait for the message that says your reservation is complete.
After the event is approved, you are responsible for coordinating all aspects of your event, which could include:
- Food Service (additional Information below)
- Linens and Serviceware – Order from Kate’s Catering; additional information in the document you can download below)
- AV/Technology - Contact the ITS Helpdesk at (513) 569-1234, option 1
- Room setup (layout of chairs and tables and other room needs) - Complete a Facilities Work Order Request via DudeSolutions. (A guide to this software is available on the College intranet in Tools and Applications > Electronic Forms and Services > Facilities Work Request Guide)
If you plan to serve food at your on-campus event:
- Kate’s Catering and Bakery Hill are the preferred food service providers on campus.
- Delivery from other licensed food service establishments is permitted (such as licensed caterers or restaurants with delivery service).
- To ensure that safety protocols are followed, no “pot luck” or carry-in food is permitted.
- Before placing your order, please consider possible allergies and dietary restrictions that may apply to your event attendees.
- If you have questions about food service or catering, contact Mike Vanfleet, Food Service Manager and MCI Program Administrator (Michael.email@example.com or (513) 569-5813.
- These documents also will be available on the College intranet under Event Scheduling.
Transfer Center resumes in-person services & shares Sept calendar
The Cincinnati State Transfer Center has released the September 2021 calendar for visits with representatives of four-year colleges and universities. (Scroll down to see the link to the calendar.)
- Many representatives will be available for on-campus visits with students in the Transfer Center in ATLC 221.
- Some schools will continue to offer virtual visits, shown with hyperlinks on the calendar.
Dr. Myshamil Walker, the Transfer Center Coordinator, will offer in-person office hours:
- Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Dr. Walker also is available by appointment for students who prefer a virtual visit.
Faculty members and advisors are encouraged to share information with students who may be interested in transfer to a four-year school after completing their Cincinnati State degree.
To view the Transfer Center schedule for September, click the link below.
Surveying Capstone project is featured in national publication
The Spring Capstone Project completed by five Cincinnati State Land Surveying students was the subject of a feature article in the July/August 2021 issue of The American Surveyor magazine.
During the Capstone Project (which was described in the June 23, 2021, edition of Daily News) the Land Surveying bachelor's degree students worked with the Archeological Research Institute in Lawrenceburg, IN.
The students completed several tasks at the site of an ancient Native American village, including identifying locations of ancient structures and features on the land, and helping to prepare the site for public access in the future.
The American Surveyor is published in both print and digital format.
- Surge Cupboard receives more donations; Oct. 21 Farmer's Market provides produce for students
- 10-digit dialing starts Oct. 24
- LGBTQ+ & Ally Solidarity Training session offered today
- CS speaker joins Oct. 21 webinar on Post-Pandemic Career Seeking
- Transfer Student Week continues with focus on UC and Wilmington
- Cybersecurity Awareness Month Week 3: Explore Cybersecurity Careers
- Celebrate Women's Entrepreneurship at virtual forums
- Tutoring Center & Math Center revise hours for Fall Semester
- National Transfer Student Week includes fun, prizes & information
- Update your Zoom software by Nov. 1
- - National Transfer Student Week
- - Surge Cupboard Farmer's Market
- - Women's Entrepreneurship Week Panel Discussion
- Mon. 10/25 - Common Time: Peer Mentoring & the Tenure Process
- Tue. 10/26 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 10/26 - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Tue. 11/2 - Provost's Academic Update
- Thu. 11/4 - Surge Cupboard Farmer's Market
- Tue. 11/9 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 11/16 - Provost's Academic Update