Surge Cupboard will reopen for students on Sep. 21
The Surge Cupboard Food Pantry will reopen for Cincinnati State students on Tuesday, Sep. 21.
Starting Sep. 21, hours of operation for Fall Semester will be:
- Tuesdays - 4 to 6 p.m.
- Wednesdays - 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- Thursdays - 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Currently registered students will be able to visit the Surge Cupboard once a month to receive up to a three-day supply of food and toiletries, at no cost, by showing their Surge Card (student ID).
Volunteers are needed to assist on days when the Surge Cupboard is open, as well as to help on Farmer's Market days.
- To help in the food pantry in September, visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409044BABAE23ABFB6-surge
- To help with the Sep. 16 Farmer's Market, visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409044BABAE23ABFB6-farmers
To restock the empty pantry, a food drive will take place on Monday, Sep. 13. Bins to collect donations will be available:
- From 7:30-8:30 a.m. at three Cifton Campus locations: the Main Building loading dock, the first floor entrance to the Health Professions Building, and the ATLC Welcome Center.
- Starting at 2:30 p.m. near the Conference Center, prior to Common Time.
Information about donation needs will be published prior to the food drive.
Farmer's Markets will take place on three Thursdays in Fall Semester: Sep. 16, Oct. 21, and Nov. 4.
- The Farmer's Market is part of a partnership between Cincinnati State and the Freestore Foodbank.
- Free fruits and vegetables provided by the Freestore Foodbank will be available to any currently-registered Cincinnati State student on Farmer's Market days from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., or until all produce is gone.
- Bags for transporting the food are provided.
The Surge Cupboard has been closed throughout the pandemic. In March 2021, a donation of 896 pounds of expired and expiring food from the pantry was shared with the local non-profit organization La Soupe, to be used as ingredients in meals for those dealing with food insecurity.
Employee Personal Responsibility statement is published
A revised Employee Code of Personal Responsibility was distributed to Cincinnati State employees via email on Sep. 1, 2021.
The Employee Personal Responsibility statement is Policy 10.16 in the College's Operations Manual (available on the College intranet).
The statement also is posted on the College's COVID-19 web page.
Remember to use Dude Solutions to request Facilities support
As of Monday, Aug. 30, if you need to turn in a Facilities Work Request you should be using the new "Dude Solutions" online system-- which replaces the old "School Dude" system.
The new Dude Solutions resource is integrated with other Cincinnati State online resources, so your standard Cincinnati State login and password are all you need to start your Facilities Work Request.
For a direct link to Dude Solutions, go to https://assetessentials.dudesolutions.com/CincinnatiState.
Student Welcome & Resource Fair is Sep. 8
Student Activities invites all Clifton Campus students to a Welcome Back Resource Fair on Wednesday, Sep. 8, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The event takes place on the ATLC first floor and on the lawn outside the ATLC.
The Fair will offer information about campus resources as well as fun activities to welcome students back to campus.
Questions? Call Student Activities at (513) 569-5747 or email Marybeth Barnes (email@example.com).
Library adjusts Fall service hours
The Library on Clifton Campus is now open for in-person service on Monday through Friday, with service via virtual chat on Saturday.
Library hours are:
- Monday-Thursday - 8 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Friday - 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Saturday virtual chat - 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
The Library also continues to offer in-depth Research Help virtually by appointment.
- Appointments must be made 24 hours in advance, and may be made up to two weeks in advance.
Materials placed on Course Reserve by instructors are now available for in-Library use.
Individuals or a small group of students can reserve Library Study Rooms by using the Online Reservations page.
Overlook specials for Sep. 7-10
The hot lunch specials from Kate's Catering at the Overlook for Sep. 7-10 are:
- Tuesday, Sep. 7 - Ravioli + Vegetable Medley ($7)
- Wednesday, Sep. 8 - Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo ($7)
- Thursday, Sep. 9 - Tuna Casserole + Peas ($7)
- Friday, Sep. 10 - Cheese Coneys ($7)
College closed for Labor Day on Sep. 6
All Cincinnati State campuses are closed on Monday, Sep. 6, in celebration of Labor Day.
Classes and services resume on Tuesday, Sep. 7.
(Image from the Smithsonian Institution http://www.sil.si.edu/exhibitions/doodles - Poster by Mather & Company, 1923)
- Surge Cupboard receives more donations; Oct. 21 Farmer's Market provides produce for students
- 10-digit dialing starts Oct. 24
- LGBTQ+ & Ally Solidarity Training session offered today
- CS speaker joins Oct. 21 webinar on Post-Pandemic Career Seeking
- Transfer Student Week continues with focus on UC and Wilmington
- Cybersecurity Awareness Month Week 3: Explore Cybersecurity Careers
- Celebrate Women's Entrepreneurship at virtual forums
- Tutoring Center & Math Center revise hours for Fall Semester
- National Transfer Student Week includes fun, prizes & information
- Update your Zoom software by Nov. 1
- - National Transfer Student Week
- - Surge Cupboard Farmer's Market
- - Women's Entrepreneurship Week Panel Discussion
- Mon. 10/25 - Common Time: Peer Mentoring & the Tenure Process
- Tue. 10/26 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 10/26 - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Tue. 11/2 - Provost's Academic Update
- Thu. 11/4 - Surge Cupboard Farmer's Market
- Tue. 11/9 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 11/16 - Provost's Academic Update