Today is last day for students to add Spring classes without signatures
Today, Jan. 25, is the last day Spring Semester students may register in MyServices for a class that has open spaces without obtaining an instructor's signature or other special permission.
- Instructors should be alert to possible additions to class rosters.
- The change in first-week registration procedures, which has been in effect for several semesters, provides additional flexibility for students in "staying on track" despite disruptions caused by the current environment.
Faculty members with questions about the status of their class roster should check with their division dean.
Board of Trustees meeting via Zoom on Jan. 26
The Cincinnati State Board of Trustees will meet on Tuesday, Jan. 26, 2021, starting at 3:45 p.m.
The Board meeting will be conducted by Zoom videoconference at this link: https://cincinnatistate-edu.zoom.us/j/82170372517?pwd=MHFzQWdzU0hhYlRLTjNTa0lKMStJQT09
- Passcode: 991090
- Dial-in: 1-646-876-9923
The Board meeting is open to the public.
The agenda is:
- Call to Order
- Sunshine Law Compliance Announcement
- Roll Call
- Approval of the Proceedings of the Regular Board Meeting of Oct. 27, 2020
- Consideration of Items for Possible Addition to the Agenda
- Recognition of Accomplishments Reflective of the College Mission
- Consent Agenda
- Personnel Reports
- Facilities Reports
- Public Safety Monthly Incident Reports
- Finance Report
- Fiscal Year 22 Budget Planning - Affirmation of Fiscal Priorities
- Fiscal Year 20 Efficiency Report Approval
- Approval of Vendor Contracts
- FOP Contract Extension Approval
- 2020 Clery Report
- Academic Quality & Student Learning Updates
- Student Success & Campus Completion Plan 2020-2022 Approval
- Annual Review of College Mission, Vision, & Values Approval
- 2021-2022 Academic Calendar Approval
- Election of Board of Trustees Officers
Status of the College Community
- Student Engagement & Education / Student Activities Report
- Shared Governance / Faculty Senate Report
- President’s Report
- Trustee Chairperson’s Report
- Old Business
- New Business
- Adjourn to Executive Session / Return from Executive Session
The next meeting of the Board of Trustees is scheduled for Feb. 23, 2021, at 3:45 p.m., by videoconference delivery.
Zoom training & other faculty support available Jan. 25-29
The Office of Online Learning is offering several opportunities this week for faculty seeking instruction or consultation on setting up and using Zoom.
For more information, visit the "Support/Training" section of the COVID-19 Faculty Resources site in Blackboard.
- Look for this site near the bottom of your list of Blackboard courses.
- If you are a new instructor and need access to this resource site, please contact a division administrator.
Zoom Basics for Faculty and Staff is facilitated by Paul D. DeNu (via Zoom)
- Topics covered include downloading and installing Zoom, scheduling a meeting and setting options, creating a Blackboard menu link for Zoom meetings, recording a meeting, and more.
- Workshop dates are below. Registration is not required.
Join a workshop via Zoom at https://cincinnatistate-edu.zoom.us/j/81438614572?pwd=MWkySzBWZmRWN3hLZmpMaUZseHpRZz09
Meeting ID: 814 3861 4572 | Passcode: 5m201r
- Tuesday, Jan. 26 - 9-10 a.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 27 - 1-2 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 27 - 7-8 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 28 - 11 a.m.-noon
- Friday, Jan. 29 - 10-11 a.m.
Dr. Jon McKamey, Instructional Designer in the Office of Online Learning, is out of the office this week but will be monitoring his email message.
Faculty members are encouraged to sign up for the self-paced, 6-module online course Teaching Online for Cincinnati State, facilitated by Jon. Faculty can enroll in the course at any time. See the weekly PDF training schedule for more information.
Julee Johns, Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning, is available by appointment.
Call (513) 569-1724 to leave a message for a return call.
Condolences to Lauren Todd
Arthur Price, the father of Lauren Todd (Executive Assistant to the Dean, Business Division), died on Jan. 20, 2021.
- Visitation will take place on Friday, Jan. 29, from 10 to 11 a.m., at Bethel Baptist Church, 2712 Alms Place, Cincinnati, 45206.
- Services will follow beginning at 11 a.m.
- Those attending must wear masks and observe social distancing.
Messages of condolence may be posted at the Walker Funeral Home website.
- Career Center helps students prepare for Mar. 9 Job Fair
- Professor Emeritus recommendations due to Faculty Senate by Mar. 8
- National TRiO Day celebration includes CState program at Mt. Healthy H.S.
- February BOT meeting included report on plans for using new Federal Stimulus Funds
- National TRiO Day recognizes CState student success
- BOT awards tenure to five faculty members
- Nominations for Faculty Excellence Awards due Feb. 28
- College Update on Feb. 22 discussed planning for Fall 21 & other topics
- Online Learning Support for Feb. 22-26
- Condolences to Abbey Yee
- Mon. 3/1 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 3/2 - Provost's Academic Update
- Wed. 3/3 - Virtual College Info Session
- Wed. 3/3 - Employment Opportunities for Students with Disabilities
- Wed. 3/3 - Virtual College Info Session - Land Surveying Bachelor's Degree
- Thu. 3/4 - Virtual College Info Session
- Fri. 3/5 - Virtual College Info Session
- Fri. 3/5 - Virtual College Info Session - Midwest Culinary Institute
- Mon. 3/8 - Virtual College Info Session - Culinary & Food Science Bachelor's Degree
- Mon. 3/8 - Virtual College Info Session