Welcome to Spring Semester 2021
(Image source: http://quotez.co)
Cashier's Window open for questions about billing
The Cashier's Window on the second floor of the ATLC will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily during the first week of the semester (through Jan. 25) to answer in-person student questions about billing.
However, due to COVID safety protocols in-person payments will not be accepted at the window.
When the Cashier's Window is closed, students and employees can get help via:
- Phone: (513) 569-1580, option #3
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Payments can be made in these ways:
- Place a check or money order payment (no cash payments, please) in the Drop Box next to the Cashier's Window on the ATLC second floor. The Drop Box is checked daily.
- Pay by eCheck (no charge) - click to download the online payment steps.
- Pay by credit card (a non-refundable service fee of 2.85% or a minimum of $3 will be charged).
- Mail the payment to Cincinnati State College, Attn: Cashier Office, 3520 Central Parkway, Cincinnati, Ohio 45223.
Students can add classes this week (no instructor signature required)
All Spring Semester instructors should note that new students may be added to class rosters during the first week of the semester.
- From Tuesday, Jan. 19, to Monday, Jan. 25, students may register in MyServices for a class that has open spaces, without obtaining an instructor's signature or other special permission.
- The change in first-week registration procedures, which has been in effect for several semesters, provides additional flexibility for students in "staying on track" despite disruptions caused by the current environment.
Faculty members with questions about the status of their class roster should check with their division dean.
Spring students can get loaner laptops & hotspots
Students who are registered for Spring 2021 classes and need a laptop computer and/or personal Wi-Fi hotspot can request equipment on loan from Cincinnati State by following these steps:
- First log into MyCState/Blackboard
- Then click this link: COVID-19 Student Technology Loaner Program
- Students who were enrolled in Fall 2020 and are continuing to take classes have the option to renew their Fall loan agreement by filling out the eForm for the new semester
Students should allow 2 days for form processing.
- Students will be notified by email when their requested equipment is available
- The student who reserved the equipment must pick it up in person, in ATLC Room 315
For help completing the eForm, call the IT Help Desk at (513) 569-1234.
IT Services hours for Spring Semester
Information Technology Services has announced these services for Spring Semester:
Open Lab (ATLC 316)
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday - 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday - 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Helpdesk Phone and Email Support
- Monday through Friday - 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Helpdesk Phone: (513) 569-1234
- Helpdesk Email: email@example.com - Email messages are answered within 1 business day
If in-person assistance is warranted, the Helpdesk will schedule an appointment.
Blackboard & Zoom training/support available Jan. 19-22
The Office of Online Learning is offering several opportunities this week for faculty seeking instruction or consultation on using Blackboard and/or Zoom.
For more information, visit the "Support/Training" section of the COVID-19 Faculty Resources site in Blackboard.
- Look for this site near the bottom of your list of Blackboard courses.
- If you are a new instructor and need access to this resource site, please contact a division administrator.
Blackboard Help and Open Office Hours are facilitated by Dr. Jon McKamey (via Zoom)
- Some sessions will focus on specific Blackboard tools: Assignments and the Grade Center.
- Open Office Hours can be used to get help with any element of Blackboard, but these are not in-depth training sessions.
Days/times are below. Join a session via Zoom at https://cincinnatistate- edu.zoom.us/j/81060585299?pwd=QVRaMDJBcWNEcUxMeE4vQnZtTnU3QT09
Meeting ID: 810 6058 5299 | Passcode: 672017
Blackboard Assignment Help
- Tuesday, Jan. 19 - 2-3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 20 - 9-10 a.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 21 - 8-9 a.m.
Blackboard Grade Center Help
- Tuesday, Jan. 19 - 10-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 20 - 11 a.m.-noon
- Thursday, Jan. 21 - 3-4 p.m.
Blackboard Open Office Hours
- Tuesday, Jan. 19 - 6-7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 20 - 6-7 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 22 - 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Zoom Basics for Faculty and Staff is facilitated by Paul D. DeNu (via Zoom)
- Topics covered include downloading and installing Zoom, scheduling a meeting and setting options, creating a Blackboard menu link for Zoom meetings, recording a meeting, and more.
- Workshop dates are below. Registration is not required.
Join a workshop via Zoom at https://cincinnatistate-edu.zoom.us/j/81438614572?pwd=MWkySzBWZmRWN3hLZmpMaUZseHpRZz09
Meeting ID: 814 3861 4572 | Passcode: 5m201r
- Tuesday, Jan. 19 - 9-10 a.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 20 - 1-2 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 20 - 7-8 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 21 - 11 a.m.-noon
- Friday, Jan. 22 - 10-11 a.m.
The self-paced, 6-module online course Teaching Online for Cincinnati State is facilitated by Jon McKamey, and accepts new enrollments at any time. See p. 2 of the weekly PDF training schedule for more information.
Julee Johns, Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning, is available by appointment.
Call (513) 569-1724 to leave a message for a return call.
Overlook is open for lunch on M-Th schedule
The Overlook on Clifton Campus will be open on Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. during Spring Semester.
Kate's Catering at the Overlook is resuming full-service operations today, Tuesday, Jan. 19.
Friday operations have been suspended because of low use of on-campus food services on Fridays.
- Webinar for employees helps you "Be Your Best Self"
- Overlook specials of the week for Apr. 12-15
- Student "suit up" event is this weekend & Health Career/Education Fair is Apr. 13
- Meet the new CState Human Resources Team
- "Surge Purge" for Main Building is Apr. 20-23
- Applications for DE&I Council due Apr. 7
- CState Library offers end-of-semester research help for students
- Dr. Carol Morman shared research at Community College Baccalaureate Association Conference
- Tammie Larkins is the new Director of C-State Accelerate
- Free transportation to vaccine appointments on "GetOutTheVax" weekends
- Mon. 4/12 - Common Time: Faculty Excellence Awards Celebration
- Tue. 4/13 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 4/13 - Health Professions Career/Education Fair
- Wed. 4/14 - "Moving Beyond Undecided" Virtual Info Session
- Tue. 4/20 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 4/20 - CCP Virtual Advising & Registration
- Wed. 4/21 - "Moving Beyond Undecided" Virtual Info Session
- Tue. 4/27 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 5/4 - Provost's Academic Update
- Wed. 5/5 - CCP Virtual Advising & Registration