Where to find people & services moved from Main (Updated)
New locations and/or operating procedures have been established for most of the offices displaced from the Main Building.
Some changes are still being finalized so additional updates are expected.
- Interim Dean Yvonne Baker - ATLC 440
- Associate Dean Laura Horn - ATLC 437
Engineering & Information Technologies
- Dean Doug Bowling - ATLC 435
- Associate Dean Kim McMillan - ATLC 435
Humanities & Sciences
- Dean Geoff Woolf - ATLC 439
- Associate Dean Angela Haensel - ATLC 437
- Associate Dean Shirley Piazza - Working remotely
Administrative Support for BTD, EIT, and H&S Divisions - ATLC 437
- Library - Remote services only at this time
- Office of Disability Services / Karen Gaines - ATLC 412 & 413
- Soni Hill, Senior Director of Student Success & Development - ATLC 208 (inside ATLC 204, Student Activities Office)
- TRIO/College Access Programs / Regina Livers - Remote services only
- Veteran Students - Remote services only
- International Students - Remote services only
- College Credit Plus / Lorrie Cox - Remote services only
- Information Technology Services
- Frankie Baker, CIO - ATLC 467
- Loaner Laptop Distribution - ATLC 006-007
- Parenting Resource Center - Remote services only
- Mallory Center - Services temporarily suspended
- Testing Center - Remote services only (Accuplacer testing)
- Wilmington College Cincinnati - ATLC 221 (Transfer Center) & ATLC 401
College Business Services:
- Receiving/Mailroom - ATLC 023
- Finance/Payroll - ATLC 201
- Audit Team - ATLC 2nd floor, Huddle Room B
- Human Resources - Working remotely; can contact by phone:
- Gordon Jahn (513) 814-1721
- Terri Reynolds (513) 806-7807
- Lawra Baumann (513) 614-6663
- Kim Vasko, Director of Buildings, Maintenance & Grounds - ATLC 003
- Facilities Crew Coordinators - EVS, Grounds, Maintenance, HVAC - ATLC 102
- Public Safety/Police - No relocation at this time
Chef Meg Galvin and MCI profiled on Spectrum News
Cincinnati State Culinary professor Chef Meg Galvin was the subject of a profile by Spectrum News 1 Cincinnati on Sep. 26.
You can watch the profile at SpectrumNews1.com or click on the image above.
The 3-minute video profile shows Chef Galvin and her students "in action" during Culinary courses.
The profile highlights some challenges of teaching hands-on skills classes during the pandemic, as well as Chef Galvin's reasons for leaving the culinary industry to join the faculty of the Midwest Culinary Institute.
The profile also points out Chef Galvin's status as "World Master Chef," and the fact that she was only the 16th woman to be awarded this designation from the World Master Chefs Society.
"Provost's Update" sessions resume on Sep. 29
Provost Robbin Hoopes will resume hosting weekly Academic Updates, open to all College employees who wish to attend, starting on Tuesday, Sep. 29, from 8:30 to 9 a.m.
Updates will continue each Tuesday at 8:30 for "the foreseeable future."
The agenda for each session is a 15-minute update, followed by time for questions for the Provost from those attending.
- Zoom Meeting link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89880531627?pwd=cGg3MVZva0E5akp5OUF4cG9QSTdZZz09
- Meeting ID: 898 8053 1627
- Passcode: HVJ9EW
Online Learning Support for Sep. 28-Oct. 2
Support for new faculty and staff users of Zoom and Blackboard and individual consultation opportunities on varied topics are available this week.
Dr. Jon McKamey and Paul D. DeNu, Office of Online Learning, and Julee Johns, Center for Teaching and Learning, are available for individual appointments throughout the week, as well as for scheduled sessions listed below.
For more information, visit the "Support/Training" section of the COVID-19 Faculty Resources site in Blackboard. (Look for this site near the bottom of your list of Blackboard courses.)
- A new section for "Zoom Support and Info" has been added to this resources site.
- The newest resource in the site is a downloadable PDF copy of the book Teaching with Zoom: A Guide for Complete Beginners.
Office of Online Learning:
"Zoom Basics for Faculty and Staff" is facilitated by Paul D. DeNu (via Zoom)
Topics covered include downloading and installing Zoom, scheduling a meeting and setting options, creating a Blackboard menu link for Zoom meetings, recording a meeting, and more.
Workshop dates are below. Join the workshops via Zoom at https://cincinnatistate-edu.zoom.us/j/81438614572?pwd=MWkySzBWZmRWN3hLZmpMaUZseHpRZz09
Meeting ID: 814 3861 4572 | Passcode: 5m201r
- Monday, Sep. 28 - 9-10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Sep. 29 - 10-11 a.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 1 - 10-11 a.m.
"Blackboard Help Office Hours" are facilitated by Dr. Jon McKamey (via Zoom)
Drop in anytime during the open hours to get help with specific Blackboard tools, or for troubleshooting problems. These are not training sessions but you're welcome to seek help with specific issues.
Office Hours days/times are below. Join the office hours via Zoom at https://cincinnatistate- edu.zoom.us/j/81060585299?pwd=QVRaMDJBcWNEcUxMeE4vQnZtTnU3QT09
Meeting ID: 810 6058 5299 | Passcode: 672017
- Monday, Sep. 28 - 10-11 a.m.
- Tuesday, Sep. 29 - 1-2 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sep. 30 - 1-2 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 1 - 8-9 a.m.
- Friday, Oct. 2 - 9-10 a.m.
Discussion Sessions on "Online Course Quality Design" are facilitated by Dr. Jon McKamey (via Zoom)
Join Jon for informal chat about quality design standards you can use to improve your students' experiences in Web, LiveWeb, and WebHybrid courses. Specific topics will change throughout the semester. See p. 2 of the weekly PDF training schedule for more information.
Discussion days/times/topics are below. Join the discussion via Zoom at https://cincinnatistate- edu.zoom.us/j/83285934234?pwd=S3RkME55eFZ2UEhDckJ0SFM4VHJHZz09
Meeting ID: 832 8593 4234 | Passcode: 881480
- Monday, Sep. 28 - 1-2 p.m. - Learner Support
- Tuesday, Sep. 29 - 9-10 a.m. - Learner Support
- Tuesday, Sep. 29 - 11 a.m.-noon. - Accessibility
- Wednesday, Sep. 30 - 9-10 a.m. - Accessibility
- Thursday, Oct. 1 - 2-3 p.m. - Learner Support
- Friday, Oct. 2 - 10-11 a.m. - Accessibility
The self-paced, 6-module online course Teaching Online for Cincinnati State is facilitated by Dr. McKamey, and will continue to accept new enrollments throughout Fall Semester 2020. See p. 3 of the weekly PDF training schedule for more information.
The Center for Teaching and Learning (Julee Johns) is available this week by appointment.
- Send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 513-569-1724 and leave a message for a return call.
Common Time schedule for Fall is released
The schedule of Common Time programs for Fall Semester 2020 is now available.
The number of scheduled Common Time events for Fall has been reduced, in recognition of the continuing challenges of the semester and the complexities associated with conducting events virtually.
- Reminder: No in-person transactions at the Cashier's Office this semester
- College-wide committee members for 2020-21 announced
- Theresa Johnson Retirement Celebration moved to Nov. 19
- Writing Center expands remote tutoring on weekends
- Online Learning Support for Oct. 19-23
- Main Building Recovery Project - Progress Report for Oct. 19
- Chef Yek will lead "cook-along" event for Cincy Museum Center on Oct. 23
- College Catalog for 2020-21 is available as printable PDF
- Webinar on Oct. 20 offers advice on leading online discussions
- Faculty Forum on Oct. 19 promotes connections and shared learning
- Thu. 10/22 - Virtual College Info Session
- Fri. 10/23 - Virtual College Info Session
- Mon. 10/26 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 10/27 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 10/27 - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Tue. 10/27 - Virtual College Info Session
- Wed. 10/28 - Virtual College Info Session
- Thu. 10/29 - Virtual College Info Session
- Fri. 10/30 - Virtual College Info Session
- Mon. 11/2 - Virtual College Info Session - Culinary & Food Science Bachelor's Degree