Brewing Science shares opportunities with a new poster
The Cincinnati State Brewing Science Department recently received a mini-grant from Ohio Means Internships & Co-op, an initiative of the Ohio Department of Higher Education that promotes experiential education and helps connect students and employers.
As a result of the grant, Program Chair Carla Gesell-Streeter said the Brewing Science Department has "some incredible new posters."
- The posters were designed and hand-printed by Cincinnati State Graphic Design professor Joel Knueven, and the design incorporates brewing-related phrases suggested by current Brewing Science students.
- Carla said the printing process required three print runs to create the final image on heavyweight black paper.
Over the next few weeks, the posters will be placed in local breweries and "better beer" locations in the Greater Cincinnati area.
Carla also noted that starting Monday, Sep. 28, the Introduction to Craft Beer class, BREW 100, will be offered for the first time as a completely online course.
The 10-week, self-paced course covers the history of beer, beer ingredients, the brewing process, beer styles, glassware, serving, storage, and more.
For additional information, contact Carla at email@example.com or text her at 513-400-5002.
CState adjunct instructor is Kentucky "Elected official of the year"
Dave Hatter, a Cincinnati State adjunct instructor in Information Technologies, is also the Mayor of Fort Wright, Kentucky-- and Mayor Hatter recently was named Elected City Official of the Year by the Kentucky League of Cities.
According to an article in the Northern Kentucky Tribune, the award "recognizes a dynamic official who demonstrates outstanding leadership and innovation."
The Kentucky League of Cities represents more than 370 cities and nearly 2,500 elected city officials.
Hatter is a professional technologist and nationally published writer with emphasis in software development and cybersecurity. This semester, he is teaching a programming course at Cincinnati State using Live Web format.
Hatter has served eight terms on the Fort Wright City Council and is in his second term as mayor.
He was nominated for the award by the entire Fort Wright City Council and the city administrator. The nomination states that Mayor Hatter "believes in leading by example and holds himself to the highest of standards and transparency."
Condolences to Elliott Ruther
Walt Ruther, the father of Chief of Advancement Elliott Ruther, died on Sep. 20, 2020.
- Visitation will be private for family members.
- A Mass of Christian Burial will be held on Friday, Sep. 25, at 10:30 a.m. at Guardian Angels Catholic Church, 6539 Beechmont Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45230. Social distancing practices and masks are required.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Hope Emergency Program, P.O.Box 214, Fayetteville, OH 45118 or https://hopeemergency.org.
Messages of condolence may be posted at the Geo. H. Rohde & Son Funeral Home website.
Drive-By Health Fair for students on Sep. 23 & 24
Student Activities is conducting a "Drive-By Health Fair" for students on Clifton Campus this week:
- Wednesday, Sep. 23 - 10 a.m. to noon
- Thursday, Sep. 24 - 3 to 5 p.m.
Follow the signs on Ludlow Ave. to the Health Fair location on campus and then drive by to collect a bag full of health and wellness information and gifts, without leaving your car.
Health Fair participants have an opportunity to win $200 by participating in a “2020 Census” contest (more information is in the bags).
Also, 10 lucky students will get a bag with a gift card inside!
- Career Center helps students prepare for Mar. 9 Job Fair
- Professor Emeritus recommendations due to Faculty Senate by Mar. 8
- National TRiO Day celebration includes CState program at Mt. Healthy H.S.
- February BOT meeting included report on plans for using new Federal Stimulus Funds
- National TRiO Day recognizes CState student success
- BOT awards tenure to five faculty members
- Nominations for Faculty Excellence Awards due Feb. 28
- College Update on Feb. 22 discussed planning for Fall 21 & other topics
- Online Learning Support for Feb. 22-26
- Condolences to Abbey Yee
- Mon. 3/1 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 3/2 - Provost's Academic Update
- Wed. 3/3 - Virtual College Info Session
- Wed. 3/3 - Employment Opportunities for Students with Disabilities
- Wed. 3/3 - Virtual College Info Session - Land Surveying Bachelor's Degree
- Thu. 3/4 - Virtual College Info Session
- Fri. 3/5 - Virtual College Info Session
- Fri. 3/5 - Virtual College Info Session - Midwest Culinary Institute
- Mon. 3/8 - Virtual College Info Session - Culinary & Food Science Bachelor's Degree
- Mon. 3/8 - Virtual College Info Session