President Posey will host virtual College Update on Aug. 7
President Monica Posey will host a virtual College Update, open to all College employees, on Friday, Aug. 7, from 9:30 to 11 a.m.
The focus for the update is “What Will Fall 2020 Look Like?”
A link to access the virtual meeting will be provided on Wednesday, Aug. 5.
The agenda includes:
- Enrollment & Student Profile
- Classes & Programs
- Student Engagement & Activities
- Special Events
- Budget & Planning
- Safety & Policies
- Employee Questions & Answers
- Closing & Communication Opportunities
If you want to submit a question, please send it to Kristin Donaldson, Institutional Advancement (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 5.
Online Learning workshops & support for faculty available Aug. 3-9
Several training and consultation opportunities are available to faculty this week.
For more information, visit the "Support/Training" section of the COVID-19 Faculty Resources site in Blackboard. (Look for this site near the bottom of your list of Blackboard courses.)
Julee Johns (Center for Teaching and Learning is offering multiple opportunities this week to attend Workshops 1, 2, and 3 of the "Teaching in the Time of COVID" series (via Zoom).
- See Daily News for July 17 for more about the Workshop series, and look for email updates from Julee/the CTL.
- Video recordings of all three workshops will be posted on the COVID-19 Faculty Resources site for those who want to review information or can't attend the scheduled sessions.
Workshop 1 (CState Teaching Guidelines and PPE information) is scheduled for the dates below. To register for Workshop 1, go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/teaching-in-the-time-of-covid-1-focus-covid-19-cstate-guidelines-ppe-tickets-112713166114
- Monday, Aug. 3 - 3-4 p.m. (second part of workshop only)
- Tuesday, Aug. 4 - 10-11:30 a.m. and 3-4:30 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 7 - 2-3:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 8 - 10-11:30 a.m.
Workshop 2 (Learning in a Pandemic) is scheduled for the dates below. To register for Workshop 2, go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/teaching-in-the-time-of-covid-2-focus-learning-in-a-pandemic-tickets-112728048628
- Monday, Aug. 3 - 4-5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 4 - 5-6:30 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 7 - 4-5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 8 - 1-2:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 9 - 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Workshop 3 (Active Learning in COVID-19 Classrooms) is scheduled for the dates below. To register for Workshop 3, go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/teaching-in-the-time-of-covid-3-focus-active-engagement-in-covid-classes-tickets-112728588242
- Monday, Aug. 3 -10-11:30 a.m. and 1-2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 4 - 8-9:30 a.m. and 7-8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 5 - 9-10:30 a.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 6 - 7-8:30 a.m., 9:30-11 a.m., 3:30-5 p.m. and 7:30-9 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 7 - 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. and 6:30-8 p.m.
Dr. Jon McKamey (Office of Online Learning) is continuing the workshop series "More than Remote Learning: Ensuring Quality in Online Course Design" (via Zoom).
- The focus in these workshops is online course design standards, not specific delivery modes or teaching methods.
- These workshops will help those who have not developed and/or taught fully online-delivered courses in the past, and those who are not familiar with Quality Matters Standards for online courses.
- Workshop dates are below. Zoom links are available in the "Remote Delivery Support Schedule" that can be downloaded from the "Support/Training" section of the COVID-19 Faculty Resources site in Blackboard.
Module 3 (Assessment) is scheduled for:
- Monday, Aug. 3- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 6-7 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 4 - 2-3 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 6 - 8-9 a.m.
Module 4 (Instructional Materials) is scheduled for:
- Tuesday, Aug. 4 - 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 5 - 5-6 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 6 -1-2 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 7 - 8-9 a.m.
Additional Modules will be offered Aug. 10 through Aug. 21. More information is on page 3 of the PDF weekly schedule.
Jon also continues to monitor the course Teaching Online for Cincinnati State, which is ongoing and always accepting new enrollments. More information is on page 4 of the PDF weekly schedule.
Online Tech Support Help facilitated by Paul D. DeNu, Office of Online Learning, is available (via Collaborate) on days/times below, or by appointment (send email to email@example.com)
- Tuesday, Aug. 4 - 10-10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 5 - 11-11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 6 - 12:30-1 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 7 - 10-10:30 a.m.
Blackboard Collaborate will have outage on Aug. 6
Blackboard will be performing maintenance and releasing enhancements to Collaborate Ultra on Thursday, Aug. 6, between 12 midnight and 6 a.m.
Users may experience intermittent outages during this time.
For information on the enhancements to Collaborate Ultra, you can review the Release Notes available at https://help.blackboard.com/Collaborate/Ultra/Administrator/Release_Notes.
- Online Learning Support for Sep. 28-Oct. 2
- Chef Meg Galvin and MCI profiled on Spectrum News
- "Provost's Update" sessions resume on Sep. 29
- Where to find people & services moved from Main (Updated)
- Common Time schedule for Fall is released
- Your Public Library can help you register to vote
- Sep. 22 BOT meeting slides & recording are available
- New resource available to help with Zoom teaching
- Where to find people & services moved from Main (Revised)
- Revised "Important Dates Chart 2020-21" is posted
- Tue. 9/29 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 9/29 - Virtual College Info Session
- Wed. 9/30 - Virtual College Info Session
- Mon. 10/5 - Virtual College Info Session - Culinary & Food Science Bachelor's Degree
- Tue. 10/6 - Provost's Academic Update
- Wed. 10/7 - Virtual College Info Session - Land Surveying Bachelor's Degree
- Tue. 10/13 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 10/20 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 10/27 - Provost's Academic Update
- Mon. 11/2 - Virtual College Info Session - Culinary & Food Science Bachelor's Degree