You can help deter flu & other viruses
(Updated Mar. 6, 2020) As of Mar. 6, 2020, no confirmed cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) were reported in Ohio. On Mar. 6, one case was reported in Indianapolis, Indiana, and one case was reported in Lexington, Kentucky.
The Ohio Department of Health encourages students, faculty, and staff members to be vigilant by taking basic steps to help deter the spread of germs that can lead to flu and other illness.
These actions include:
- frequent handwashing (for at least 20 seconds)
- covering coughs and sneezes
- avoiding ill people
- staying home if you are sick
Other recommended actions include daily cleaning (with a household cleaning spray or wipe, or computer-safe cleaning product) of "high touch" surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, phones, keyboards, and tablets.
VP of Administration Lawra Baumann said the College's Environmental Services Team is redoubling its efforts to keep bathrooms and other public spaces clean, and to ensure that hand sanitizer is abundant throughout campus buildings.
For more information, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
Get up and move with weekly walking activities
The Celebrating Community Committee invites all College employees to welcome Spring by taking part in a variety of healthy activities on Clifton Campus, starting this week:
- Celebrate You-Day Tuesdays (starting Mar. 3) include 30 minutes of light indoor walking or mindfulness activities, facilitated by Sandy Buschmann. Meet in front of the Humanities & Sciences Division Office, Main 232, for a weekly fitness break from 1:30 to 2 p.m.
- Walking Wednesdays (starting Mar. 4) offer an hour of outdoor walking at a moderate pace, including stairs and hills, in all weather conditions. Meredith Effler and Denise Gabrelski will facilitate. Meet in front of the Early Childhood Education Office, Main 126E, for walking from 2 to 3 p.m.
- Fitness Friday walk-and-lunch outings, and other activities, will begin soon.
The Tuesday and Wednesday sessions will continue throughout Spring Semester. Look for more information about other activities in future editions of Daily News.
Historical Society presents "History of Ohio Women's Suffrage" on Mar. 4
The Cincinnati State Historical Society Brown Bag Lunch on Wednesday, Mar. 4, features a presentation in honor of Women's History Month.
Professor Jayne Dressing, Co-op Coordinator for Arts & Sciences associate degrees, will discuss "The History of Ohio's Forgotten Role in the Women's Suffrage Movement."
The Brown Bag Lunch takes place in Conference Center Room 342 from noon to 12:50 p.m.
All CState students and employees are welcome to bring your lunch (and your suffrage sash and/or banner) and enjoy this learning experience.
At the conclusion of the presentation, a raffle will be held for a $15 Graeter's gift card.
The Brown Bag Lunch series is sponsored by the Cincinnati State Historical Society and Cincinnati State’s History Department.
For more information, contact club advisor Professor Daniel Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org or 569-1708).
(Image from www.newegg.com. Poster created about 1910 by Cornelia Cassady-Davis of Cincinnati.)
Faculty & Staff: Order Commencement attire by Mar. 13
Faculty and staff members who plan to participate in the Cincinnati State Commencement ceremony and need to order academic attire should complete your order online by Friday, March 13.
Commencement takes place Sunday, May 3, at the Cintas Center on Xavier University’s campus, starting at 3 p.m.
Faculty and staff members who have your own attire and plan to attend Commencement should notify Jodie Comstock at email@example.com.
- To place your order, go to Jostens.com and look for the link "Cincinnati State Technical College" (See image below) - You do NOT have to sign in or create an account. To get started, click "Shop the Collection."
- Recommended browsers for this transaction are Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari. Internet Explorer might not cooperate.
- If you're off-campus, you'll see a box to enter the name of the college. Type "Cincinnati State" and then you should see the link for "Cincinnati State Technical College."
- Next, click the link for "Graduation Caps and Gowns" (in a menu on the right side of the screen).
- You'll see a pop-up window with a link for "Faculty Rental" - click that link.
- Then, click the link for the attire that you are ordering (associate's, bachelor's, master's, or doctoral). Continue and select your cap, gown, and hood.
Graduation attire will be distributed the week of April 20.
- Board of Trustees Meeting on Jan. 26
- ITS to test BOT Zoom meeting tools at 10 a.m. today
- Spring 2021 Student Activities Calendar is available
- Transfer Center schedules virtual college visits for January
- Tutoring Center & Math Center announce Spring services
- More Spring Semester student services schedules
- 1-20-21-- It's a palindrome!
- ITS will conduct another Zoom meeting test on Jan. 22
- Welcome to Spring Semester 2021
- Spring students can get loaner laptops & hotspots
- Mon. 1/25 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 1/26 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 1/26 - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Wed. 1/27 - Virtual College Info Session
- Thu. 1/28 - Virtual College Info Session
- Fri. 1/29 - Virtual College Info Session
- Mon. 2/1 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 2/2 - Provost's Academic Update
- Wed. 2/3 - Virtual College Info Session
- Wed. 2/3 - Virtual College Info Session - Land Surveying Bachelor's Degree