Career Center Spring activities & Co-op Orientation begin this week
The Career Center on Clifton Campus welcomes students to Spring Semester activities, including Employer Information Tables that begin on Tuesday, Feb. 4.
Employer tables are located on the First Floor of the ATLC from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Information Tables allow students to meet directly with potential employers for work opportunities that aren't necessarily connected to students' academic goals. The schedule for February is:
- Tuesday, Feb. 4 – Public Allies Cincinnati
- Wednesday, Feb. 5 – Childcare Careers
- Tuesday, Feb. 11 – Ohio State Highway Patrol
- Wednesday, Feb. 12 – Scotts Miracle-Gro
- Thursday, Feb. 13 – FedEx
- Tuesday, Feb. 18 – Ohio State Highway Patrol
- Wednesday, Feb. 19 – Macy’s
- Thursday, Feb. 20 – Benchmark Staffing
- Tuesday, Feb. 25 – Macy’s
The Career Center, located on the second floor of the ATLC, is open daily to assist students with activities including:
- selecting a major or career.
- working on professional development tasks such as preparing for interviews, writing resumes, and conducting a job search.
The Career Center also helps connect students and recent CState graduates to employment opportunities.
Two Job Fairs are scheduled for Spring Semester:
- Tuesday, Mar. 3 – 1 to 3 p.m. - Career and Co-op Job Fair - for students seeking associate degrees in Arts and Sciences, Business, Engineering Technologies, and Information Technologies fields
Tuesday, Apr. 15 – 1 to 3 p.m. - Health Professions Career and Education Fair - for students seeking associate's degrees and/or additional education in Allied Health fields
Co-op Orientation Sessions for Spring 2020 are scheduled for February
Students seeking associate's degrees in Arts and Sciences, Business, Engineering Technologies, and Information Technologies fields who plan to participate in cooperative education work in Summer 2020 or Fall 2020 must attend an orientation session this month.
Co-op Orientation on Clifton Campus - all sessions take place in the Conference Center (Main Bldg. Room 342)
- Tuesday, Feb. 4 – 4 to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 12 – noon to 12:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 20 – 6 to 6:30 p.m.
Co-op Orientation on Middletown Campus
- Thursday, Feb. 6 – 2 to 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 12 – 10 to 10:30 a.m.
Students should RSVP to attend at: https://cincinnatistate-csm.symplicity.com/students.
Feb. 10 is start of two-step process to change passwords from off campus
Cincinnati State is changing the process used to update passwords for all College email accounts.
- All Cincinnati State email passwords (for employees and students) will expire on Monday, Feb. 10, 2020.
- To update your password from an off-campus device, you must use the 2-step verification process.
- If you have received an email message telling you your password is expiring, you can update any time prior to Feb. 10. You will not have to update again on Feb. 10.
- To be able to update your College email password from off-campus, your cell phone number and personal email address must be up to date on your Cincinnati State "My Profile" page. (For instructions on how to update "My Profile," click here.)
- Two-step verification (also known as "two-factor authentication") for updating passwords includes entering a security code.
- You'll receive the code either by text message to your cell phone, or by email to your personal email address.
- If you don't enter the security code, you won't be able to update your password-- so you must enable a way to receive the code if you plan to update your password from an off-campus device.
- If you update your password using an on-campus computer, you will not need to use the 2-step process.
In the future, all password changes completed from off-campus will require 2-step verification.
Condolences to Karen Roundtree
Michael Hill, Sr., the brother of Karen Roundtree, Clerical Assistant in the Humanities & Sciences Division, died on Jan. 21, 2020.
Services and burial took place Jan. 31.
Messages of condolence may be posted at the Walker Funeral Homes website.
Board of Trustees releases meeting schedule for 2020
The Cincinnati State Board of Trustees has announced their meeting schedule for the rest of 2020.
- Meetings take place in the Conference Center on Clifton Campus, with the exception of the March meeting at the Butler Tech Bioscience Center in West Chester.
- All Board meetings are scheduled to begin at 3:45 p.m., and are open to the public.
- The agenda for each meeting will be published in Daily News a few days prior to the meeting.
The schedule of 2020 meetings is:
- Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2020
- Tuesday, Mar. 24, 2020 - at Butler Tech Bioscience Center, 8450 Capstone Blvd., West Chester, OH 45069
- No April 2020 meeting
- Tuesday, May 26, 2020
- Tuesday, June 23, 2020
- Tuesday, July 28, 2020
- Tuesday, August 25, 2020
- Tuesday, September 22, 2020
- Tuesday, October 27, 2020
- No November 2020 meeting
- Tuesday, December 1, 2020 (meeting day adjusted because of holidays)
Bakery Hill weekly special is strawberry donuts
The Bakery Hill special for the week of Feb. 3 to 7 is a Strawberry Glazed Donut for just one dollar.
Chef Mike VanFleet said Bakery Hill special offerings may change weekly this month, while the bakery is waiting for installation of some new equipment.
After the new equipment is in place, Bakery Hill will resume monthly beverage specials.
Meanwhile, enjoy some delicious donuts!
- CState Graphic Design student wins Gold ADDY in national competition
- Students have until Aug. 31 to request Pass/Fail grading for courses with Incompletes
- College closed July 3 to celebrate Independence Day
- Condolences to the family of Ray DiPilla
- "Provost's Update" offered on June 30
- CState offers in-person student services starting today; employees have increased access to Clifton Campus
- Leadership Awards presented to 30 students for 2020 achievements
- Online Learning Support for faculty scheduled for June 29-July 2
- Check for Air Quality Alerts this week
- Plan for Fall courses is 65% remote offerings, but many technical courses include in-person elements
- - College Closed - Independence Day
- Mon. 7/6 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Tue. 7/7 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Tue. 7/7 - Provost's Academic Update
- Wed. 7/8 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Wed. 7/8 - Coffee with the Coordinators: The Power of Networking
- Thu. 7/9 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Fri. 7/10 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Mon. 7/13 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Mon. 7/13 - Job Hunting Workshop