Welcome to Spring Semester 2020
Dr. Denise Rohr is Associate Provost of Assessment and Accreditation
Provost Robbin Hoopes announced that Dr. Denise Rohr has been selected as the College’s first Associate Provost of Assessment and Accreditation.
Provost Hoopes said, "Dr. Rohr brings to this crucial role a wealth of education and experience, from multiple perspectives, related to assessment and accreditation."
Dr. Rohr has served at Cincinnati State as a Professor and Program Chair for Nursing, and as Associate Dean of the Health & Public Safety Division. She also served as Interim Dean of Health and Public Safety.
Provost Hoopes added, "Dr. Rohr was instrumental in three Higher Learning Commission (HLC) visits during the past year."
"She successfully engaged faculty and staff in the process, she helped others develop and deliver compelling evidence of compliance, and she increased college-wide understanding of learning outcomes assessment."
As Associate Provost of Assessment and Accreditation, Dr. Rohr will lead College activities to meet HLC expectations for accreditation and learning outcomes assessment.
She also will serve as the College’s designated HLC Accreditation Liaison Officer.
Dr. Rohr's work as Associate Provost is supplemental to her continuing role as Associate Dean in HPS.
Reminder: Wi-Fi logins have changed in ATLC & HPB
Upgrades to the College’s Wi-Fi network have been completed, resulting in changes for access to Wi-Fi in some buildings, including the ATLC and the Health Professions Building (HPB) on Clifton Campus.
A guide to using the upgraded Wi-Fi is available at https://web4.cincinnatistate.edu/files/its/projects/wifi/CS-Wifi-Networks.pdf, or click here to download the 4-page guide.
- Surge Wi-Fi network is for students and employees using their personally-owned devices. Logon is required. These networks are named:
- CS-Surge - (Evendale, Harrison, Occupational Therapy (OT) House)
- Staff Wi-Fi network is for College-owned devices (laptops, Surfaces, iPads, etc.). These networks are named:
- CS-Staff (Evendale, Harrison, OT House)
- Classroom Wi-Fi network is for College-owned classroom laptops. These networks are named:
- CS-Classroom (Evendale, Harrison, OT House)
- Guest Wi-Fi network is for visitors who do not have a College network account, and provides limited internet access. These networks are named:
- CS-Guest (Evendale, Harrison)
Connecting to Wi-Fi in the Main Building on Clifton Campus has not changed, and uses these network names:
- cstate-staff is for College-owned devices (laptops, Surfaces, iPads, etc.)
- cstate-student is for College-owned classroom laptops
- cstate is for visitors who do not have a College network account, and provides limited internet access
Spring Common Time schedule is posted
The schedule of Common Time programs planned for Spring Semester 2020 is now available.
Updates to the schedule are posted (as they occur) on the College intranet. To view the most recent schedule information, go to:
- How the College Works > Academics > Common Time > Common Time Schedule.
Transfer Center announces Spring hours and January visiting colleges calendar
The Cincinnati State Transfer Center has released the January calendar of visits from representatives of four-year colleges and universities, and has established new hours for Spring Semester 2020.
The Transfer Center is open (on days the College is open):
- Monday through Thursday - 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday - 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Only Wilmington College transfer advisors are available on Fridays
- Download the calendar below for schedules of visits from other college and university representatives
No appointment is needed to meet with a transfer representative-- just stop by the Transfer Center in ATLC Room 221 on Clifton Campus, near Bakery Hill.
Students considering transfer to a bachelor's degree program after CState graduation are encouraged to meet with advisors from visiting schools to learn more about opportunities and requirements.
To view the Transfer Center visitor schedule for January, click the link below.
Reminder: Email password process changes on Feb. 10
Cincinnati State is changing the process used to update passwords for all College email accounts.
- All email passwords will expire on Monday, Feb. 10, 2020, and must be updated using the new 2-step verification process.
- To be able to update your College email password, your cell phone number and personal email address must be up to date on your Cincinnati State "My Profile" page. (For instructions on how to update "My Profile," click here.)
The new process applies to all student and employee email accounts.
You'll receive "your password is expiring" notifications starting 10 days prior to Feb. 10, and can update your password any time during the 10-day period, using 2-step verification.
Two-step verification (also known as "two-factor authentication") provides extra security for email accounts, and is used by many businesses and organizations.
- The new process for updating passwords includes entering a security code.
- You'll receive the code either by text message to your cell phone, or by email to your personal email address.
- If you don't enter the security code, you won't be able to update your password.
To avoid problems on Feb. 10, please remember to update your "My Profile" page as soon as possible.
Bakery Hill features value-priced coffee in January
During January, you can enjoy Bakery Hill Fresh Brewed Coffee for only $1.00 for a 12 oz. cup-- or boost your caffeine intake with a 20 oz. cup for only $1.50.
(You're also welcome to consider adding one of Bakery Hill's many pastry choices as a "go with" for your coffee.)
Bakery Hill is open (on days the College is open):
- Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Fitness Center updates hours for Spring Semester
The Fitness Center on Clifton Campus has announced the hours of operation for Spring Semester 2020:
- Monday - 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday - 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday - 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 3 to 8 p.m.
- Thursday - 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Friday - 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
All students and employees are welcome to visit the Fitness Center, in Room 18 on the lower level of the Main Building, to get help beginning an exercise program or to seek consultation on personal training.
- By the way, it's U.S. Census Day!
- Career Center offers Employment Webinar on Apr. 2
- Spotlight on Service: Russ Campbell
- ... And received thank yous for the donations
- CState donated more than $8,000 of protective medical gear for health care workers fighting COVID-19
- ... And CState received donations, too
- Send your "Spotlight on Service" stories to Daily News
- Faculty Remote Delivery Support schedule is posted in Blackboard
- Cinti Metro suspends fares and changes schedules
- Counseling Services expands connections to students
- - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Mon. 4/6 - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Tue. 4/7 - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Wed. 4/8 - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Thu. 4/9 - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Fri. 4/10 - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Mon. 4/13 - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Tue. 4/14 - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Wed. 4/15 - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Thu. 4/16 - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled