Dr. Posey is honored as West Chester Liberty Chamber Alliance "Woman of Excellence"
Cincinnati State President Monica Posey (above, with VP of Workforce Development Amy Waldbillig) was honored as a 2019 "Woman of Excellence" by the West Chester Liberty Chamber Alliance at a gala held Nov. 15.
This is the 18th year the Chamber Alliance has recognized the work of women in the area who are examples of excellence in professional or volunteer service.
Dr. Posey was one of 10 "Women of Excellence" honorees for 2019.
Amy Waldbillig received the Chamber's "Woman of Excellence" award in 2017.
Chamber President Joe Hinson told the Cincinnati Enquirer the women honored this year demonstrated "service, dedication, and unyielding support of the causes they cherish.’’
Dr. Posey's citation noted that she is the first African-American woman to lead an institution of higher education in the Cincinnati area, is a founding member of the Women’s Institute for Leadership Development of Greater Cincinnati, and works with area organizations like the Greater Cincinnati United Way and ArtsWave.
Joint Community Campaign ends today
- Everyone who turns in a pledge form by 3 p.m. on Nov. 22 will be entered into a drawing for two General Admission tickets for "1 Night, 12 Kitchens" on Apr. 26, 2020.
- You can click to download the Joint Community Campaign Pledge Form.
- Return your completed pledge form to the Advancement/Development Office in ATLC 337 (Clifton Campus).
- You may pledge to one or both organizations, using payroll deduction or by making a one-time gift by check.
- For both United Way and Community Shares pledges, if you wish you may select specific community organizations to be recipients of your donations. (Organizations are listed on the back of the pledge form.)
If you have questions or need more information about the Joint Community Campaign, contact Kim Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Join the fun at Jingle Bell Rock on Dec. 6
Tickets are still available for the fourth annual Jingle Bell Rock on Friday, Dec. 6, from 6 to 9 p.m., in the Conference Center on Clifton Campus-- but the deadline for buying your tickets is Monday, Nov. 25-- so don't delay.
The Jingle Bell Rock evening, hosted by the Cincinnati State Alumni Association, includes dinner, a show featuring the Cincinnati Dancing Pigs, a cash bar, and a raffle.
Tickets are $35 each for Alumni Association members and $40 for non-members.
Event proceeds support Alumni Association projects.
To confirm your tickets, or if you have questions, contact Kim Taylor in the Advancement/Development Office (email@example.com or 569-1236).
Health Careers Fair provided opportunities for students
About 75 students attended the Cincinnati State Health Professions Career and Education Fair held Wednesday, Nov. 20.
The event was co-sponsored by the Health & Public Safety Division, the Career Center, and the Transfer Center.
Thirty-four employer organizations and educational institutions participated in the Fair to meet with students and discuss plans for work or school options after completing studies at Cincinnati State.
Career Center Director Kelly Harper said many of the students who attended the Fair are finishing the final courses for their Nursing degree this semester, and look forward to starting work in health care organizations soon.
Remember to report your Surge Time by Nov. 24
Because of the Thanksgiving break, Surge Time reports for the pay period that ends this week (Nov. 23) must be submitted and approved no later than noon on Sunday, November 24.
Failure to submit your time report on time could impede processing of the paycheck to be issued Friday, Nov. 29.
Any problems that may occur with Nov. 29 paychecks won't be resolved until Monday, Dec. 2.
Send us your December news ASAP
Daily News will publish new articles on Monday, Nov. 25, and then will take a respite until Monday, Dec. 2.
If you have news or announcements about activities occuring the first week of December, please send information to the Daily News Editor (firstname.lastname@example.org) promptly.
Your cooperation will help ensure that our staff can share your information in a timely manner.
- Horticulture Club Poinsettia Sale begins for 2021
- Wilmington to offer Master of Organizational Leadership classes at CState
- CTL webinar series explores Post-Traumatic Growth
- Possible login problems today
- PACE Survey deadline is Nov. 23
- College closed for Thanksgiving break Nov. 24-28
- Food Sensory Science Seminar on Dec. 3 is open to all
- Student Vax Incentive increases participation & names Week 6 winners
- Employee Vax Incentive program adds incentives & announces Week 3 winners
- Annual Fund Giving Challenge for 21-22 starts today
- - College Closed - Thanksgiving Break
- Sun. 11/28 - College Closed - Thanksgiving Break
- Tue. 11/30 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 12/7 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 12/7 - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Tue. 12/14 - Provost's Academic Update
- Sat. 12/18 - Last Day of Fall Semester
- Mon. 12/20 - College Open - No Classes
- Tue. 12/21 - College Open - No Classes
- Wed. 12/22 - College Open - No Classes