Charter Day celebration includes picnic for all
On Thursday, Sep. 19, 2019, Cincinnati State will celebrate the 50th anniversary of receiving a charter from the State of Ohio to operate as a higher education institution.
Charter Day marks the beginning of a year of 50th anniversary events and activities.
All employees and students are invited to attend a Charter Day picnic lunch and celebration from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., on the ATLC patio and front lawn.
Food will be provided by Eli's BBQ and the Midwest Culinary Institute, and the party on the lawn will feature live entertainment, too.
Information about other Charter Day activities will be provided later this week.
New scholarship available to CState Brewing students
Cincinnati State students in Brewing Science and the Brewing Sales & Marketing Certificate are eligible to apply for a Yuengling Women in Brewing scholarship worth up to $10,000.
Cincinnati State is one of only seven educational institutions in the U.S. whose students can receive this scholarship award.
- Two women who are enrolled in a brewing program at one of the eligible institutions will be awarded scholarships to be used in Spring 2020, Fall 2020, or Spring 2021.
- The scholarship application deadline is Sep. 30, 2019. The online application form is available at https://www.pinkbootssociety.org/yuengling-women-in-brewing-scholarship.
Brewing Science Program Chair Carla Gesell-Streeter said, "I knew our program was going to be a part of this amazing opportunity, but I had no idea that we would be one of only seven eligible schools, and that ours would be the second highest scholarship amount available."
The scholarship is sponsored by Yuengling, the oldest brewing company in the U.S., and the Pink Boots Society, an organization created to "assist, inspire and encourage women beer industry professionals to advance their careers through education."
The Pink Boots Society is an international non-profit organization with nearly 2,000 members. It was founded by brewer Teri Fahrendorf and is named for the pink boots she wore when brewing, which were a gift from her mother-in-law.
Psychology Club starts Fall activities with Sep. 18 meeting
The Cincinnati State Psychology Club will have its first meeting of the 2019-20 academic year on Wednesday, Sep. 18, from noon to 12:50 p.m. in ATLC 231.
All students with an interest in psychology and "the exploration of people" are welcome to attend.
Meetings take place every other Wednesday and alternate between noon and 4 p.m. start times, to accommodate a range of student schedules.
All Psychology Club meetings and events are open to the College community-- you don't have to be a club member to attend.
Club-sponsored events scheduled for Fall semester include:
- Microaggressions Workshop: Oct. 17 - 6-8:30 p.m. - Conference Center
- Harm Reduction Presentation: Nov. 6 - 10-11 a.m. - Conference Center
- Suicide Prevention Workshop: Dec. 3 - 11:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m. - Main 366
For more information, contact club advisor Dr. Heather Hatchett (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Final week for Giving Challenge Coin Wars
- Common Time provides support for Academic Self-Study process
- Board of Trustees Meeting on October 22
- I-75 & I-74 Construction Update (Oct. 21-24)
- Art at BLINK 2019 had CState connections
- Another prize drawing today for Giving Challenge contributors
- Two days of ENGAGE helped 600 visitors get to know CState
- Have fun & win prizes at Fright Fest 2 on Oct. 31
- Horticulture Club "Third Thursday" sale is Oct. 17-- and it's gourdulent season, too
- Norbert Thomas received commendation from Cinti Rec Commission
- - College Info Session
- - GOAL Workshop for Student Success
- - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Thu. 10/24 - The Big College Event
- Thu. 10/24 - Scholarship Recognition Dinner
- Thu. 10/24 - College Info Evening Session
- Fri. 10/25 - Free Coffee Friday with Shirley Piazza
- Fri. 10/25 - College Info Session
- Mon. 10/28 - Counseling Center Workshop for students: Handling Anxiety & Stress
- Tue. 10/29 - College Info Session