Charter Day celebration includes picnic for all
On Thursday, Sep. 19, 2019, Cincinnati State will celebrate the 50th anniversary of receiving a charter from the State of Ohio to operate as a higher education institution.
Charter Day marks the beginning of a year of 50th anniversary events and activities.
All employees and students are invited to attend a Charter Day picnic lunch and celebration from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., on the ATLC patio and front lawn.
Food will be provided by Eli's BBQ and the Midwest Culinary Institute, and the party on the lawn will feature live entertainment, too.
Information about other Charter Day activities will be provided later this week.
New scholarship available to CState Brewing students
Cincinnati State students in Brewing Science and the Brewing Sales & Marketing Certificate are eligible to apply for a Yuengling Women in Brewing scholarship worth up to $10,000.
Cincinnati State is one of only seven educational institutions in the U.S. whose students can receive this scholarship award.
- Two women who are enrolled in a brewing program at one of the eligible institutions will be awarded scholarships to be used in Spring 2020, Fall 2020, or Spring 2021.
- The scholarship application deadline is Sep. 30, 2019. The online application form is available at https://www.pinkbootssociety.org/yuengling-women-in-brewing-scholarship.
Brewing Science Program Chair Carla Gesell-Streeter said, "I knew our program was going to be a part of this amazing opportunity, but I had no idea that we would be one of only seven eligible schools, and that ours would be the second highest scholarship amount available."
The scholarship is sponsored by Yuengling, the oldest brewing company in the U.S., and the Pink Boots Society, an organization created to "assist, inspire and encourage women beer industry professionals to advance their careers through education."
The Pink Boots Society is an international non-profit organization with nearly 2,000 members. It was founded by brewer Teri Fahrendorf and is named for the pink boots she wore when brewing, which were a gift from her mother-in-law.
Psychology Club starts Fall activities with Sep. 18 meeting
The Cincinnati State Psychology Club will have its first meeting of the 2019-20 academic year on Wednesday, Sep. 18, from noon to 12:50 p.m. in ATLC 231.
All students with an interest in psychology and "the exploration of people" are welcome to attend.
Meetings take place every other Wednesday and alternate between noon and 4 p.m. start times, to accommodate a range of student schedules.
All Psychology Club meetings and events are open to the College community-- you don't have to be a club member to attend.
Club-sponsored events scheduled for Fall semester include:
- Microaggressions Workshop: Oct. 17 - 6-8:30 p.m. - Conference Center
- Harm Reduction Presentation: Nov. 6 - 10-11 a.m. - Conference Center
- Suicide Prevention Workshop: Dec. 3 - 11:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m. - Main 366
For more information, contact club advisor Dr. Heather Hatchett (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- "Apply4StudentRelief" web page is launched
- Spotlight on Service: Co-op student helps keep Rumpke running
- Support Group for parenting concerns offered to employees
- End-of-year purchasing deadlines announced
- Slides from May 26 BOT meeting are available
- Online Learning Support for faculty scheduled for May 27-29
- CState announces plans for Fall classes
- No-show rules clarified for remote classes
- Board of Trustees Meeting on May 26
- Spotlight on Service: Co-op student helped Gorman Farm before and during pandemic
- Mon. 6/1 - First day of Summer Semester (10-week classes)
- Mon. 6/1 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Mon. 6/1 - College Info Session
- Mon. 6/1 - College Info Session
- Mon. 6/1 - College Info Evening Session
- Tue. 6/2 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Tue. 6/2 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 6/2 - College Info Session
- Wed. 6/3 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Thu. 6/4 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled