Degree/certificate info for 2019-20 is viewable on College website
The "Degrees and Certificates" section of the College website is now displaying 2019-20 curriculums and other updated information for all associate's degree and certificate programs.
The program information displayed on the website corresponds to the 2019-20 edition of the online College Catalog.
If you find an error in the program information on the website, please notify the Co-Chairs of the Academic Policies & Curriculum Committee, Jen Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Abbey Yee (email@example.com).
"Important Dates" chart for 2019-20 is published
The Important Dates chart is maintained by the Registrar's Office. It includes information about key College business processes such as:
- Semester start and end dates
- Deadlines for registration-related and financial transactions for students
- Grading deadlines for each semester
- College holidays (College closed days)
- Days the College is open with no classes
If you have questions about the chart, contact the Registrar's Office.
First-Day Greeters needed on Aug. 26 & 27
Faculty and staff members, please consider giving an hour or two of your time on Monday, Aug. 26, or Tuesday, Aug. 27, to help welcome new and returning students to Fall Semester on Clifton Campus.
- To sign up to assist, use this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090C45AEA92EA6F85-fall2
Thanks for helping our students make a positive start to the new academic year!
Students get discounted bus fares with Metro card
Cincinnati State has renewed an agreement with the Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority that provides discounted rates to students on many bus routes.
- The program allows students to swipe a special Cincinnati State-Metro discount card and then pay just $1 to ride Metro in any zone, with a transfer for just 50 cents. This is a significant discount over regular Metro fares.
To get the discount card, students must log into MyCState, choose MyServices, and click on Transportation. Students must have a valid SurgeCard to order a Metro card.
- The Metro card is free, and is mailed to students within three to five business days after requesting it.
- The Metro discount card will be issued only to students who are currently enrolled.
- Metro scanners will not accept standard Cincinnati State ID cards (Surge Card)
The card is valid for one semester only. Requests for Fall Semester Metro cards can be submitted now on MyServices.
For more information, see the "Buses & Public Transportation" page of the College website.
Campus Safety reminders from Public Safety & HR
Recent events in the news may lead to questions and/or concerns about safety for members of the College community.
The Public Safety Department and the Human Resources Department want to remind you of these tips and resources:
- In the event of an emergency on campus, call 569-1558 (extension 1558 if using a campus phone) to reach the Police Dispatch service coordinated by the University of Cincinnati.
- You can also call 911 from any College phone, and the College’s enhanced telecommunication system will identify your exact room location to the 911 operator.
- If you see unusual activity, report it to Campus Police as soon as possible.
- Every member of the College community is part of the “first line of defense” in watching out for the safety of the community. Swift notification is essential to addressing and successfully resolving situations that could be of concern.
- If a violent incident occurs, safety experts advise you to follow the protocol Run, Hide, Fight.
- This 6-minute video prepared by the Public Safety Department at Ohio State explains the steps of this safety process in the event of an active intruder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z9zkU--FLQ
- You may want to watch this 1-hour Campus Safety presentation video from Oct. 2017: https://cincinnatistate.adobeconnect.com/pk920ebk6tjf. (You might need to download Adobe Connect software to watch the video.)
- If you or members of your family feel a need for counseling or other emotional support, employees can seek support from the Employee Assistance Program offered through TriHealth EAP at https://www.trihealth.com/institutes-and-services/trihealth-corporate-health/CONCERN-Services or call 800-642-9794.
- Students can contact Cincinnati State Counseling Services in Room 171 Main Building (Clifton Campus) or call 513-569-5779 to make an appointment.
- If the request is not time-sensitive, you can ask for an appointment using the Counseling Services Appointment eform: https://web3.cincinnatistate.edu/eforms/eform.aspx?form_id=1750
- More information is available on the Personal Counseling page of the College website: https://www.cincinnatistate.edu/students/student-support/personal-counseling
If you have other concerns not addressed here, please contact Chief of Campus Police Mike Wylie (firstname.lastname@example.org) or contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
- Webinar offered on "Preparing Instructors for an Uncertain Fall"
- Virtual Commencement 2020 starts Aug. 9 at 3 p.m.
- Condolences to the family of Gary Boyle
- Fall students can purchase "CState Recommended" computers at College Bookstore
- CState partnership for Cybersecurity education is recognized
- President Posey will host virtual College Update on Aug. 7
- Online Learning workshops & support for faculty available Aug. 3-9
- Blackboard Collaborate will have outage on Aug. 6
- Webinar offers advice to new online instructors
- Students give positive feedback for "New Student Orientation" online
- - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- - College Update: What Will Fall 2020 Look Like?
- Sun. 8/9 - Commencement
- Mon. 8/10 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Tue. 8/11 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Tue. 8/11 - Provost's Academic Update
- Wed. 8/12 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Wed. 8/12 - Career Center webinar - "Moving Beyond Undecided"
- Thu. 8/13 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Thu. 8/13 - CCP Virtual Orientation