Student scholarship application deadline is Feb. 15
Friday, Feb. 15 is the deadline for students to apply for Cincinnati State Institutional Scholarships for the 2019-2020 academic year.
The Scholarship Application form is online at cincinnatistate.academicworks.com//users/sign_in.
Students use their Cincinnati State login to access the Scholarship Application.
A list of all Institutional Scholarships can be viewed at https://cincinnatistate.academicworks.com.
The online application system manages all materials submitted by students, including professional references.
- Students add the name and email address of one reference to the online application.
- The system generates an email message to the reference with instructions for submitting a reference letter. The deadline for submitting reference letters also is Feb. 15.
More information about the scholarship application process is on the College website Scholarships page at http://www.cincinnatistate.edu/academics/financial-aid/financial-aid-types/scholarships.
Students also can find a link to the Scholarship Application in MyServices, in the Financial Aid section.
Please contact the Office of Financial Aid at (513) 569-1530 if you have questions about the online scholarship application system.
Women's Empowerment Network Book Club announces Spring semester plans
The Women's Empowerment Network Book Club will be meeting during Spring semester to read and discuss Becoming, by Michelle Obama.
The first Book Club meeting is Wednesday, Jan. 30, from 3 to 4 p.m. in ATLC 101.
Discussion this week will focus on the Prologue and Chapter 1 of the former First Lady's autobiography.
All female students, faculty, and staff members are invited to join the group discussions.
The Book Club's facilitator, faculty member Maggie Oliveira, said meetings provide opportunities to meet other women of the College, and discuss a book that includes topics of interest to the group.
Participants are welcome to join the Book Club at future meetings (same time and location), scheduled for these dates:
- Feb. 20
- March 6 and 27
- April 10 and 24
For more information, or to be added to the Book Club mailing list, contact Maggie (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Parent-Student Night 2019 attracted a large crowd
Dr. Monica Posey opened Parent-Student Night on Jan. 24
Cincinnati State's annual Parent-Student Night, on Jan. 24, brought in a large number of prospective students and their family members to learn about the College.
Senior Director of Enrollment Services and Registrar Jason Moore said over 500 people pre-registered for the event, and more than 100 attended.
To accomodate the big numbers, some sessions were moved to the Auditorium.
As of Jan. 28, more than 30 Parent-Student night attendees had completed an application to Cincinnati State.
A few glimpses of faculty and staff members who assisted visitors at Parent-Student Night appear in the photos below.
- Horticulture Club Poinsettia Sale begins for 2021
- Wilmington to offer Master of Organizational Leadership classes at CState
- CTL webinar series explores Post-Traumatic Growth
- Possible login problems today
- PACE Survey deadline is Nov. 23
- College closed for Thanksgiving break Nov. 24-28
- Food Sensory Science Seminar on Dec. 3 is open to all
- Student Vax Incentive increases participation & names Week 6 winners
- Employee Vax Incentive program adds incentives & announces Week 3 winners
- Annual Fund Giving Challenge for 21-22 starts today
- - College Closed - Thanksgiving Break
- Sun. 11/28 - College Closed - Thanksgiving Break
- Tue. 11/30 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 12/7 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 12/7 - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Tue. 12/14 - Provost's Academic Update
- Sat. 12/18 - Last Day of Fall Semester
- Mon. 12/20 - College Open - No Classes
- Tue. 12/21 - College Open - No Classes
- Wed. 12/22 - College Open - No Classes