Board of Trustees Meeting on Jan. 22
The Cincinnati State Technical and Community College Board of Trustees will meet in regular session on Tuesday, Jan. 22, at 3:45 p.m., in the Conference Center on Clifton Campus.
The meeting is open to the public.
The agenda for the meeting is:
Call To Order
Sunshine Law Compliance Announcement
- Approval of the Proceedings of the Regular Board Meeting of November 27, 2018
- Consideration of Items for Possible Addition to Agenda
- Recognition of Accomplishments Reflective of the College Mission
- Consent Agenda for Recurring Items
- Personnel Reports
- Facilities & Capital Projects Reports
- Public Safety Monthly Incident Reports
Status of the College Community
- Student Engagement & Education / Student Activities Report
- Shared Governance / Faculty Senate Report
- President’s Report
- FY18 Auditor Required Communication
- Finance Report
- Resolution for Purchasing Card-Authorized Administrators
- Contract Approvals
- Resolution on Student Employee Pay Rates
- Academic Quality & Student Learning Updates - Student Feedback Analysis & Annual Report
- Annual Review of Mission/Vision/Values
Adjourn to Executive Session / Return to Public Session
- Real Estate Transaction
- AAUP Unit 2 Collective Bargaining Agreement
- FOP Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Chairperson’s Report & Trustee Association Report
The next meeting of the Board of Trustees is scheduled for Feb. 26, 2019, at 3:45 p.m., in the Conference Center on Clifton Campus.
Parent-Student Night is Jan. 24
Cincinnati State's annual Parent-Student Night program takes place Thursday, Jan. 24, from 6 to 8 p.m.
Parent-Student Night provides an opportunity for prospective students to learn more about the College's academic programs and services that lead to career success.
A Resource Fair is available from 5 to 6 p.m.
During Parent-Student Night, visitors can:
- Meet with faculty members to talk about majors and programs
- Learn about financial aid, scholarships, and the admissions process
- Discuss career opportunities and Cincinnati State's co-op program
- Learn about student support services, including Advising, the Honors Program, Disability Services, Student Activities, and more
Click here to see the event schedule and registration information.
I-75 & I-74 Construction Update (Jan. 22-24)
The Ohio Department of Transportation has scheduled projects near the Clifton Campus on Jan. 22, 23, and 24.
- Tuesday, Jan. 22:
- Close the right lane of Harrison Avenue between Rybolt Road and the east Interstate 74 on-ramp from 7 a.m. until 4 p.m. on Tuesday. Access to the on-ramp will be maintained.
- Various lane closures on south I-75 from Mitchell Avenue to the I-74 split from 8 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 22, until 6 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 23.
- Also, outside (west side) shoulder closures on south I-75 just south of Mitchell Avenue from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. Wednesday.
- In addition, close the ramp from Mitchell Avenue to south I-75 from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. Wednesday. Access for emergency vehicles will be maintained.
- Wednesday, Jan. 23: Work will take place in the infield of the Harrison Avenue to west I-74 ramp; trucks will be entering and exiting the infield from the ramp between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. Traffic will be maintained.
- Thursday, Jan. 24: Close the right turn lane at the Harrison Avenue/Rybolt Road exit from east I-74 from 7 a.m. until 4 p.m. Traffic will be maintained.
Arrow boards and/or signs will be in place to alert motorists of the work zone and lane closures.
All work schedules depend on the weather.
For ongoing traffic, construction, and and weather-related information, please check www.OHGO.com.
- Surge Cupboard receives more donations; Oct. 21 Farmer's Market provides produce for students
- 10-digit dialing starts Oct. 24
- LGBTQ+ & Ally Solidarity Training session offered today
- CS speaker joins Oct. 21 webinar on Post-Pandemic Career Seeking
- Transfer Student Week continues with focus on UC and Wilmington
- Cybersecurity Awareness Month Week 3: Explore Cybersecurity Careers
- Celebrate Women's Entrepreneurship at virtual forums
- Tutoring Center & Math Center revise hours for Fall Semester
- National Transfer Student Week includes fun, prizes & information
- Update your Zoom software by Nov. 1
- - National Transfer Student Week
- - Surge Cupboard Farmer's Market
- - Women's Entrepreneurship Week Panel Discussion
- Mon. 10/25 - Common Time: Peer Mentoring & the Tenure Process
- Tue. 10/26 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 10/26 - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Tue. 11/2 - Provost's Academic Update
- Thu. 11/4 - Surge Cupboard Farmer's Market
- Tue. 11/9 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 11/16 - Provost's Academic Update