Dec. 11 Ribbon-Cutting for new Centers is open to all
All College employees are invited to join Dr. Monica Posey and invited guests (and news media) on Tuesday, Dec. 11, for a ribbon-cutting and celebration of the opening of Cincinnati State’s new Welcome Center, Career Center, and Transfer Center.
The ribbon-cutting ceremony and press conference will take place from 10 to 10:30 a.m. in front of the new Welcome Center.
Then, guests will tour the new Centers and other student service offices now located in the Advanced Technology & Learning Center (ATLC) on Clifton Campus.
Employees who plan to attend are encouraged to wear your new Cincinnati State logo t-shirt, to help create a "CState Spirit" background for the event.
(If you didn't pick up a shirt during the Holiday Lunch, you can get one in the Marketing Office, Main 175.)
The new Centers are a step forward in Cincinnati State’s ongoing efforts to provide students with the best available support for starting and completing their college education.
Giving Challenge Special Ops Team offers Yard Sale & Raffle
It's the final week for the Annual Fund Giving Challenge-- if you have not yet turned in your pledge card, you have until Thursday, Dec. 13, to support the campaign and help achieve the goal of 100% employee participation.
In addition, the Special Ops team invites everyone to help raise funds for College scholarships and projects, by shopping at the Special Ops Yard Sale on Tuesday, Dec. 11.
Visit the Conference Center from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. to choose from an array of never-used and gently-used items (see photo).
Currently, your buying options include clothing, furniture, suitcases and travel bags, holiday decorations, and unique products such as a 5-gallon air tank, a golf ball monogrammer, a mist fountain with stand, and a guitar pick cutter punch. There's also a mystery "white elephant" gift from Frontgate.
Payment is accepted via cash or credit card, and there's free lemonade (while it lasts)!
Also, the Special Ops team is still selling raffle tickets, for $1 each.
Five cash prizes will be awarded, for $50, $40, $30, $20, and $10.
To purchase tickets, see a Special Ops team captain:
- Tony Cowden – Main 157
- Kristen Donaldson – ATLC 337
- Patty Edwards – Main 349
The raffle drawing takes place Thursday, Dec. 13, at 11:30 a.m., outside the Conference Center.
Turn books into holiday crafts on Dec. 12
All members of the College community are invited to join Library elves Brigid Almaguer and Jordan Breeze on Wednesday, Dec. 12, to learn how to turn unwanted paperback books into charming holiday trees.
Drop by the Library's Conference Room any time between noon and 1 p.m. on Wednesday to join the fun.
"Book trees" make delightful gifts for your favorite bibliophile or recycler, or you might want to keep one for yourself!
The Library will supply crafting materials and cookies-- all you need to bring is your creativity and holiday spirit.
Please note: No library books will be harmed during this workshop.
Food Service Hours for Dec. 10-14
The Overlook Cafe and Bakery Hill have changes to operating hours this week.
- Monday, Dec. 10, through Thursday, Dec. 13 - open 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily. Hot line closes at 1:30 p.m. daily.
- Friday, Dec. 14 - open 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. - Free Coffee Friday at the Overlook from 8 to 9:30 a.m.
Overlook hours for the week of Dec. 17 will be announced.
- Monday, Dec. 10, through Thursday, Dec. 13 - open 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily.
- Friday, Dec. 14 - closed.
Bakery Hill remains closed until Monday, Jan. 7.
I-75 & I-74 construction update (Dec. 10-12)
The Ohio Department of Transportation has scheduled overnight projects near the Clifton Campus from Monday, Dec. 10, through Wednesday, Dec. 12:
- Monday, Dec. 10:
- Lane closure on Elmore under the I-74 westbound bridge from 9 p.m. until 6 a.m. Tuesday
- Lane closures on north I-75 between Monmouth and Clifton from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. Tuesday
- Hopple Street ramp closure to I-74 west/I-75 north from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. Tuesday
- Tuesday, Dec. 11:
- Lane closure on north I-75 from Monmouth Street to Clifton from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. Wednesday.
- Lane closure on east I-74 between the I-74 and I-75 interchange and the Beekman Street ramp to west I-74 from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. Wednesday
- Wednesday, Dec. 12:
- Lane closure on I-75 north from Monmouth to Clifton from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. Thursday
- Lane closure on east I-74 between the I-74 and I-75 interchange and the Beekman Street ramp to west I-74 from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. Thursday
Arrow boards and/or signs will be in place to alert motorists of the work zone and lane closures.
All work schedules depend on the weather.
For ongoing traffic, construction, and and weather-related information, please check www.OHGO.com.
Office hours changing pre- or post-Winter Break? Let Daily News know.
If your College office or service will have changes to hours of operation on the days classes are not in session (Dec. 17-21 and/or Jan. 2-4), please send information to Daily News (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thanks for your cooperation in keeping our readers well informed.
- Reminder: No in-person transactions at the Cashier's Office this semester
- College-wide committee members for 2020-21 announced
- Theresa Johnson Retirement Celebration moved to Nov. 19
- Writing Center expands remote tutoring on weekends
- Online Learning Support for Oct. 19-23
- Main Building Recovery Project - Progress Report for Oct. 19
- Chef Yek will lead "cook-along" event for Cincy Museum Center on Oct. 23
- College Catalog for 2020-21 is available as printable PDF
- Webinar on Oct. 20 offers advice on leading online discussions
- Faculty Forum on Oct. 19 promotes connections and shared learning
- Thu. 10/22 - Virtual College Info Session
- Fri. 10/23 - Virtual College Info Session
- Mon. 10/26 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 10/27 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 10/27 - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Tue. 10/27 - Virtual College Info Session
- Wed. 10/28 - Virtual College Info Session
- Thu. 10/29 - Virtual College Info Session
- Fri. 10/30 - Virtual College Info Session
- Mon. 11/2 - Virtual College Info Session - Culinary & Food Science Bachelor's Degree