Cincinnati State Cheer Zone for Girls on the Run
Who loves Surge? Over 1100 local girls aged 8 to 13 were part of November 21st’s “Girls on the Run” 5K walk/run on Cincinnati’s Riverfront. There to applaud and motivate them on a chilly morning were Cincinnati State family and friends in the college’s first “cheer zone”. While other area colleges are represented by sorority sisters, Cincinnati State faculty supported runners with a whole lot of cheers, several hundred high fives, and even a few Surge hugs. Giving hugs and high fives despite the cold were Johnna Bradley, Jayne Dressing, Meredith Effler, Jason Ellis (and family), Julee Johns, Stani Kantcheva, Julie Klensch, Kathleen Pickens, Mark Tiemeier, and Abbey Yee. Click thru to view the photo gallery.
“Girls on the Run” is an international program that does more than get girls running—it aims to build character, self-confidence, and empower young women to fulfill their potential. Quite simply, it inspires girls to “Be Great”.
Today is a global day of giving that kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving.
For the Cincinnati State Community, #GivingTuesday is another opportunity to make your contribution to the Giving Challenge.
If you have not yet participated in the Giving Challenge, please consider making a gift to Cincinnati State.
You can designate your contribution in a way that is meaningful to you.
For inspiration, watch this video of President's Impact Scholarship recipient Davon Bennett, which was filmed at the scholarship luncheon. Just click on the image.
As a reminder, the Giving Challenge has been extended to run until noon on December 18th!
Early Childhood Education Club Hosts Book Fair this Week
The Cincinnati State Early Childhood Education Club is hosting a book fair. More than 2000 titles are offered – from baby board books through high school reference books.
The book fair will be held outside the cafeteria on the following dates:
Wednesday & Thursday, December 2nd & 3rd 9:00am - 1:00pm
Purchases can also be made by contacting the Usborne Books & More consultant, Julie Sheets, directly or by ordering on-line from now through the end of November from the following link:
Ths is a great way to get new reading material for your children, items for Christmas gifts, and help the Cincinnati State Early Childhood Education Club with fundraising efforts at the same time!
For more information, contact:
Julie Sheets at 513-200-9788 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Plan ahead for Shared Services needs this Holiday Season
Cincinnat State now shares printing services with UC. They will be closed from 12/24 (Christmas Eve) until Jan 3rd. We will be able to submit print requests to them after their break on Jan 4th. You may need to plan ahead for your Spring Semester needs. See Linda Golightly, Manager, SSD & LC with questions.
- And the 2015 Joint Campaign Week 4 Winner Is...
- Giving Tuesday is tomorrow
- Women's Basketball Returns to Action
- Men's Basketball Splits at Surge Classic
- Tri-State Veterans Community Alliance Document to be displayed at City Link Center
- Stay Warm this Winter AND Contribute to the Annual Fund Drive
- Cincinnati State Sustainable Agriculture Students Help at Gorman Heritage Farm
- VUB: One man’s story
- Proper protocol, please: Send your news directly to email@example.com
- Here’s the lineup for FA15 Professional Development workshops
- - Faculty / Staff Luncheon
- Wed. 12/2 - Early Childhood Education Book Fair
- Wed. 12/2 - Cincinnati State Men's Basketball Home Game
- Fri. 12/4 - Cincinnati State Women's Basketball Away Game
- Fri. 12/4 - We are All Advisors Here: Appreciative Advising Across the Curriculum
- Sat. 12/5 - Cookies with Santa
- Mon. 12/7 - Exam Stress Buster: Free Donut Holes and Coffee
- Tue. 12/8 - Exam Stress Buster: Free Chair Massages
- Sat. 12/12 - Cincinnati State Men's Basketball Away Game
- Sat. 12/12 - Cincinnati State Women's Basketball Away Game