ArtsWave campaign wraps up Apr. 26
Cincinnati State's annual campaign to support ArtsWave ends Friday, Apr. 26.
- You can drop off your pledge card at the ArtsWave table in the Overlook Cafe on Wednesday, Apr. 24, from noon to 1:30
- You can take your pledge card to the Development Office (ATLC 337)
- You can contribute your ArtsWave gift online at Cincinnati State's ArtsWave portal: https://give.artswave.org/cstate
Any of these choices will enter you in the week's remaining raffles for tickets to local arts events, and (on Thursday, Apr. 25) tickets to "1 Night, 12 Kitchens." Turn in your pledge card by 4:30 p.m. to be eligible for the daily raffle.
Plus, when you contribute to the ArtsWave campaign you're helping 100+ organizations, in dozens of communities, provide arts programming and services that make our region an amazing place to live.
For additional information, contact Kim Taylor in the Development Office (569-1236 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Overlook & Bakery Hill service adjustments for Apr. 24-May 10
Temporary changes to food service operations on Clifton Campus will be in effect until May 13:
- On Wednesday, Apr. 24, and Thursday, Apr. 25, the Overlook Cafe is offering a limited menu with Soup, Salad Bar, and Grab & Go options available. Pizza is not available.
- On Friday, Apr. 26, the Overlook will be closed to facilitate preparations for the "1 Night, 12 Kitchens" event on Apr. 28. Bakery Hill will be open with Grab & Go items and Soup available.
- From Monday, Apr. 29, through Friday, May 10, the Overlook will be closed for detailed cleaning. Bakery Hill will be open with Grab & Go items and Soup available.
The Midwest Culinary Institute staff appreciates your understanding during the next two weeks.
"Admit Me Day" needs helpers on May 4
"Admit Me" Day on Saturday, May 4, needs a few more faculty and staff volunteers to welcome and assist new students.
Helpers needed from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m include Greeters and Hallway Guides, who will aid student travel from the ATLC Welcome Center to the Main Building Testing Center.
To sign up to help, use this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4BADAC2FA2F58-admit1.
You can use same link to volunteer for Admit Me Days on Saturdays in June through August.
Admit Me Day activities for new and prospective students include:
- Complete the application for admission
- Take the placement test, if needed
- Schedule appointments for academic advising and orientation
- Learn about financial aid options
- Get help with career planning
Information and a registration link for students is available online: https://www.cincinnatistate.edu/admit-me-day.
If you have questions about Admit Me Days, contact Director of Admission Debbie Poweleit (email@example.com).
Annual Greenhouse Sale starts May 4
The annual Horticulture Club Plant and Flower Sale at the Clifton Campus Greenhouse (near the Ludlow Garage) starts Saturday, May 4.
The Greenhouse will be open Saturday, May 4, and Saturday, May 11, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Saturday shoppers will have your pick of a vast array of annuals, perennials, tropicals, succulents, herbs, and veggies cultivated by Cincinnati State students.
Starting Tuesday, May 14, the sale will continue four days a week until everything is gone. Days and times are:
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Thursdays from noon to 6 p.m.
Feel free to park in the small lot in front of the Greenhouse. Access to the lot is a short driveway located between Ludlow Ave. and the Ludlow Garage entrance.
All proceeds from the annual sale help support students attending the National Collegiate Landscape Competition (where CState's team finished 4th in the nation this year).
For more information, contact Greenhouse Manager Kelly Wanstrath (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Office hour changes? Let DN know
If your College office or service will have changes to hours of operation on the days classes are not in session (Apr. 29 to May 3) and/or during the week of May 6-10, please send information to Daily News (email@example.com).
Thanks for your cooperation in keeping our readers well informed.
I-75 & I-74 Construction Update (Apr. 24-27)
The Ohio Department of Transportation has scheduled overnight projects near the Clifton Campus related to major reconstruction of I-75 & I-74.
Wednesday, April 24 and Thursday, April 25 -
- Various lane closures on north I-75 between Monmouth St. and Mitchell Ave. nightly from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following day. (The lane restrictions will occur two hours after the completion of the Reds games on Wednesday and Thursday.)
- Lane closure of northbound Beekman St. from Colerain Ave. to Elmore St. 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Full lane closure of Elmore St. from Beekman St. to Colerain Ave. - 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Short-term, full closures on I-74 and I-75 within the work zone - midnight to 4 a.m. Traffic will be maintained with law enforcement officers.
Friday, April 26 and Saturday, April 27 -
- Full closure of northbound Beekman St. from Colerain Ave. to Elmore St. each night 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following day.
- Short-term, full closures on I-74 and I-75 within the work zone nightly from midnight to 4 a.m. the following day. Traffic will be maintained with law enforcement officers.
Arrow boards and/or signs will alert motorists of the work zone and restrictions. All work is contingent upon the weather.
To help ensure the safety of the construction workers as well as the traveling public, motorists should remain alert, reduce their speed, and watch for stopped traffic while passing through the work zone. Remember, move over or slow down.
For ongoing traffic, construction, and and weather-related information, please check www.OHGO.com.
- Graphic Design students win ADDY awards at local & district levels
- HLC Accreditation Visit schedule for Apr. 22-23
- Nursing graduates achieve near-perfect pass rate on NCLEX
- Board of Trustees meeting on Apr. 23 has revised schedule
- Appreciation Day for academic employees is Apr. 24
- Benefits Open Enrollment is April 22 to May 10
- Want to teach FYE classes in 2019-20?
- Rich Hendrix to join Greater Cinti Basketball Hall of Fame
- CState ASCE Student Chapter is recognized for its activities (like Canstruction Cincinnati)
- Greeters & Room Monitors needed for HLC visit
- Wed. 4/24 - Teacher Appreciation Day
- Wed. 4/24 - ArtsWave Campaign Information & Raffle
- Wed. 4/24 - Faculty Senate meeting
- Wed. 4/24 - Women's Empowerment Network Book Club
- Fri. 4/26 - Free Coffee Friday with Gretchen Cook
- Fri. 4/26 - Retirement Party for Linda Schaffeld & Paul Davis
- Mon. 4/29 - Summer Break (no classes; offices open)
- Tue. 4/30 - Summer Break (no classes; offices open)
- Tue. 4/30 - College Info Session
- Tue. 4/30 - Butler Co. Transit Link Job Fair