A message from the President
Dear Cincinnati State Colleagues,
I would like to cordially invite you to attend the Presidential Inauguration Dinner on Friday, October 21, at 6:00 p.m. This evening event at the Kenwood Country Club will celebrate my inauguration and also raise funds for the College.
The on-campus Investiture Ceremony will occur from 2 to 3:30 p.m. on the same day and you are welcome as well.
A portion of the ticket cost for the Inauguration Dinner is tax deductible and can count as a contribution toward the Internal Annual Giving Campaign.
- If you wish, you may use payroll deduction to purchase your ticket to the Inauguration Dinner, using the attached form.
- If you wish to purchase tickets online using a credit card, click this link: Purchase tickets via credit card
- If you aren’t able to attend the dinner, but wish to contribute to the Workforce Focus Fund I have started use this link to Contribute to President Posey's Workforce Focus Fund and follow the “donation” prompts. This new fund is designed to allow us to help more students while addressing workforce needs of employers.
If you have questions or need assistance purchasing event tickets or making a contribution, please contact Brittany Collins at x4699 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for all your support and for the leadership you provide for the College. I look forward to sharing my inauguration events with you as we focus on “Celebrating our Legacy, Creating our Future.”
Experience Automation in Action
Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technology program (EMET) has a long standing relationship with Balluff, Inc., an industrial products manufacturer, with operations in Florence, KY. Balluff, Inc. has been a dependable resource for the College, providing co-op opportunities for student-scholars, and in 2015 backed the program with a generous donation of automation equipment
Larry Feist, EMET Program Chair presents students with a unique hands-on automation experience, as the program hosts the Balluff, Inc. Automation Demonstration Van, next Tuesday, September 27, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. The interactive van, which will be located between Main Building and the ATLC Building, Clifton campus, will include demonstrations of the following:
- Error Proofing
- Hydraulics & Pneumatics
- Electric Drives
- Precision Sensing
- Metal Forming
- IO Link
- RFID & Traceability
Students, faculty, and staff are all encouraged to stop by the Balluff, Inc. Demo Van to get a hands-on experience of electromechanical automation and technology.
Cincinnati State’s EMET is the largest of its kind in Ohio. Industrial technology is a high priority occupation. The use of electromechanical automation to control manufacturing processes enables high productivity and competitiveness in the global economy. It demands well-trained technicians who can service, maintain, install and retrofit sophisticated equipment and systems.
Taken from cincinnatistate.edu and northhampton.edu
Air Quality Advisory for September 23, 2016
The Southwest Ohio Air Quality Agency (Agency) has issued an Air Quality Advisory for Friday, September 23, 2016 for Butler, Clermont, Hamilton, and Warren counties in Ohio and Boone, Campbell, and Kenton counties in Kentucky.
The Agency expects to see ozone concentrations in the “unhealthy for sensitive groups” range on the Air Quality Index (AQI).
On Air Quality Advisory days, everyone can help reduce ozone formation by taking the following actions:
- Take the bus, carpool, bike, or walk instead of drive.
- Refuel your vehicle after 8 p.m.; do not top off when refueling and tighten the gas cap.
- Do not idle your vehicle; exhaust contributes considerably to ozone formation.
- Combine trips or eliminating unnecessary vehicle trips.
- Keep your vehicle maintained with properly inflated tires and timely oil changes.
- Avoid use of gasoline-powered lawn equipment on Air Quality Advisory days.
- Avoid use of oil-based paints and stains on Air Quality Advisory days.
- Never burning leaves or other yard trimmings.
- Suspend use of fire pits, campfires and charcoal grills on Air Quality Advisory days.
- Conserve electricity by turning out lights and unplugging unused appliances and electronics.
To learn more, please visit the Southwest Ohio Air Quality Agency website.
As we enjoy the weekend, remember:
- Happy Friday!
- A message from the President
- Air Quality Advisory for September 23, 2016
- Experience Automation in Action
- Office of Disability Services & GO Club Upcoming Events
- Free Coffee Friday, September 23 will feature…
- ICYMI: Rachel Dolezal visits Cincinnati State
- Who’s teaching what? [insert surprise face emoji here]
- Surge Soccer News
- ENGAGE event is looking for volunteers
- Mon. 9/26 - Recruiting Table: Mt. St. Joseph
- Mon. 9/26 - Voter Registration Info Table
- Mon. 9/26 - Recruiting Table: OH St. Univ
- Tue. 9/27 - College Info Session
- Tue. 9/27 - Recruiting Table: UC Blue Ash
- Tue. 9/27 - Black Male Initiative: Middletown Meeting
- Tue. 9/27 - BOT Meeting
- Tue. 9/27 - College Info Evening Session
- Wed. 9/28 - Surge-a-palooza Day 1
- Wed. 9/28 - Speaker Event: Rachel Dolezal, Activist/Author